Chapter 28: He knows

Emily
I sniffled and wiped a tear away from my eye. I look at my bleeding knee and sighed. Theodore walks over to me and put his water on my knee. I felt the sting of the wound and my eyes started to water.

We only had 2 water bottles each day and he just used half of his water on my cut. He takes his shirt and wipes the blood away and exhales.

"Theo-"

"It's okay, someone will find us eventually, I know Zachary won't leave us here." He told me, caressing my cheek.

I looked away from him.

"Look at me," he calmly demanded.

I slowly move my head to stare at him and he sits next to me. I started fidgeting with the bracelet Maybellen made me.

"I know it's been more than a month, but we will be found. They can't keep us here forever." he reminded me.

He grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "Okay?"

"Okay," I responded.

The door opened and we heard footsteps coming closer and closer to us.

"Hello my best friends," Diego snickered.

I rolled my eyes and Theo wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"You guys aren't going to say anything?" he asked, moving closer to us.

Theo scoffed, "What is there to say?"

"Do you want to get punched again?" he questioned me, being face to face with Theo.

"You punched me once, and all the fights we had, you lost," Theo sneered.

Diego pulled out a cigarette and started smoking. "I could kill you if I really wanted to,"

I bit the inside of my cheek and picked my finger skin. I wonder how Maybellen and Zachary are doing. I miss them, I miss everyone.  I was feeling anxious, as I knew Theo was serious, but I was scared to get involved in the situation.

Diego sits next to me and I wrap my arms around my legs.

"How are you doing pretty girl?" he soothed.

"I don't like you," I confidently told him.

He brushes his finger on my lip and moved closer to me.

"Really?" he remarked.

I nodded my head and moved my head back. Theo glared at Diego while he was smirking.

"Anyways, I came down here so you can talk to your friends again. It's been a long time since you've seen them right?" Diego contended.

He pulls his phone out of his pocket and started Facetiming someone. He goes inside his pocket and takes out a gun, loading it.

What is happening, what is going to happen to us?

"If you say where you are, I will shoot you," he demanded.

Someone picks up the phone and Diego gives the phone to me.

"Emily?" Maybellen yelled.

She unwrapped herself from the covers and sit up straight.

I looked at myself, cuts on my lip, bags under my eyes, and my blonde hair is messy as ever.

"H-hi," I mumbled, looking down.

Maybellen's lip trembled, "E-Emily, I, I don't know w-what to say,"

Theo grabs the phone away from me and I looked over to see the phone.

"Maybellen, get me Zachary really quick," Theo asked, taking a deep inhale.

I see Maybellen shaking a body and the phone being grabbed by Zachary.

"What the actual living fuck," Zach whispered.

I turn my head and see Diego still pointing the gun at us.

"C-can I show him my new fighting move?" Theo stammered, looking at Diego.

Diego sighed and nodded his head. Theo got up and places the phone on the wall.

Theo starts punching the air, and Zachary intensely looked at him. Zach gets off of his bed and started walking somewhere.

"Where are you going?" Maybellen asks him.

Diego marches over to the phone and grabs it away, "Also, if you track his number, I'll kill your friends," Diego hangs up.

Theo walks over to me and whispers in my ear.

"Zachary knows where we are,"

✰✰✰