Realizations and Determination

Your POV

Bertholt grabs Reiner by the shoulders and asks him intensely, "Talk to me, Reiner. What are you right now?"

Reiner brushes Bertholt's hand away and replies, "A warrior. Calm down."

"Do you really think it's wise for us to trust Ymir? Even though she's the one who devoured Marcel?" Bertholt asks.

"Sure. Don't you see? We have a handle on her motives. When she turned human again, odds are she just wandered around aimlessly only giving a damn about herself. But then Krista came into the picture. That's the kind of girl that can change your whole world. We need her, and not just because she's cute. The people she comes from are an important family within the church. Plus, suppose Eren's not the coordinate? Our job wouldn't be over. If it comes to that, having Krista around will make the search a lot easier," Reiner reasoned.

There were some distant bangs. I turned and saw the scouts getting closer, only this time there were red flares, meaning they had encountered some titans. They were getting closer, but I doubted Bertholt and Reiner would wait much longer. I couldn't hear the rest of their conversation, so I watched the direction the scouts were, until I heard the sound of a cable. I turned and saw Reiner land on the branch that Ymir, Eren, and I were on. He had landed between Eren and I, separating him from Ymir and me. "What're you two doing now? I thought we were waiting till dark," Eren said.

Reiner walked toward him and answered, "There's been a slight change of plans. I'm gonna ask you nicely not to try to put up a fight."

Eren clenched his jaw before faking a smile and responding, "Easy. There's no need for us to get all violent. It's not like I can resist like this. I mean, take a look at me. Just, calm down, okay?" Reiner stared him down, trying to tell if he was being genuine or not. But before he reached a decision, Eren launched himself into Reiner and knocked him back. Eren straddled Reiner and kept elbowing him in the face, shouting, "Die! Die! Die! Die! Die, you evil-" But Reiner finally kicked him off with a grunt and sent him flying back into the tree trunk. While Eren was down, Reiner walked over and put Eren in a chokehold. "Bastard! I'll-I'll kill you! I'll rip you apart!" They kept struggling, but I knew there was nothing I could do. I sat and turned my attention toward Bertholt and Ymir. 

"Explain to me why we're leaving early," Ymir asked Bertholt.

Ignoring her question, Bertholt asked his own, "Ymir... When you changed back into a human, d'you have any memory of the person you ate?" What?! What the hell does he mean ate?!

"Huh. No, not really, "She responded while looking away from him. "We're talking about something that happened five years ago. But the way you're asking, I'm guessing that it was someone you knew?" Bertholt doesn't answer, letting us know that she was correct. "I see. Then I'm, uh, sorry for not remembering."

After a moment of silence, Bertholt replies, "Hey, it's not your fault that you don't. It was the same for Reiner and me."

"Yeah?" She asks.

"Eren doesn't remember either," He continues.

"Is that how it works?" I asked. He glanced at me for a moment, not verbally answering but I'm pretty sure I got my answer.

"You hold that against me?" Ymir asked.

"I don't think so. I mean. I don't know. Suppose I have to believe you didn't want to eat anyone. How, uh, how long were you wandering outside the walls?" He asked her.

"Oh, about sixty years. Hell on earth. Every day was like waking up into a nightmare," She said.

My eyes widened at this. "Wait, are you saying you're sixty years old?" I asked, "I don't understand... what the hell is going on?" Bertholt and Ymir glanced between each other, neither of them answering me. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain on the back of my head and then everything went black.