The struggle for Trost

Your POV

It has been 3 years since I'd seen Eren. The last time I saw him was his first day of training. But, Kieth Shadis kept me updated on his progress though. Even though he would never admit it to Eren, he is doing very well. He even graduated in the top 10 of his class. I had some peace of mind knowing that he was doing okay. Mikasa and Armin are doing just as well too. I think that these kids just might make it in this world.

Today was the day that the cadets would be choosing their regiments. I was really excited to see them at the ceremony. However, I had a really bad feeling, like something terrible was going to happen. Almost like when Shiganshina fell. I tried to ignore it, but it just kept growing and growing. All the sudden, I felt a pain in my chest. I clutched my shirt over my heart as I fell to my knees. "Y/N! What's wrong?" Petra asked as she knelt in front of me, with Levi clutching my shoulder.

I looked up at Levi, "Something's wrong. I-I've had a bed feeling all day, but...this is...worse," I stuttered out. "It's like...when Shiganshina fell."All of my squad members looked at each other, they knew that I had a bad feeling the day it fell. My gut feelings were never wrong. They helped me up and I finally regained my breath, the pain dulling. Levi and I mounted our horses and road to find commander Erwin.

"Erwin, it's urgent," Levi said as we found him.

"I have a bad feeling, like when Shiganshina fell," I told him. He looked at me with worry, Erwin knew that my gut was always right.

"She felt it this time, a pain in her chest," Levi added.

"Erwin, we have to do something. I can't let what happened in Shiganshina happen again," I told him.

He seemed conflicted for a moment before turning to me with a determined look. "Ok, gather the squads."

Levi and I nodded before galloping off in a hurry.  I told everyone to get to the gate and spread the message. I arrived back to the group, positioning myself between Levi and Hanji with Erwin leading us. Our plan was to go to Trost District since that's most likely where the wall would be breached. When all the sudden, a soldier came riding through the gate. "Commander! The wall has been breached, the scout regiment's help is needed to slay all the titans that got in!"

Erwin looked back at me with a nod, as if saying that I did a good job. We saved valuable time by being prepared before the new even reached us. "Soldiers! The wall has been breached! We are going to slay the titans inside the wall! Stay with your squads and listen to your squad leaders! Our hearts and souls to the cause!"

"Our hearts and souls to the cause!" We repeated before galloping out of the gate.

That Morning...

"Heads up! The main unit of the Scout Regiment is back!" Someone yelled.

"That's right Commander Erwin! Did you give those ugly bastards a thrashing?!" Another said.

"Look! It's Captain Levi and Captain Y/N!"

"They say they're each like an entire brigade unto themselves!"

"Tch. Spare me, please," he said.

I giggled lightly beside him, "That scowl will crush your fans."

"Not that it's any of my business, but from a public relations standpoint, you might wanna lighten up," Hanji said.

"Hm," Levi scoffed. All I could do was chuckle at their interaction.

"Y/N!" I heard a familiar voice call my name. I looked to see Eren, Mikasa, and Armin waving at me with smiles. I smiled back at them and gave a small wave. Excited to see them at the ceremony tonight.