The Walls Have Eyes

Your POV

The city was in ruins. There were corpses and blood everywhere. I left the compound to meet Hanji and Pastor Nick at the wall where the titan's face was. I used my ODM gear to grapple up the wall past the large sheets that were covering the titan. I landed next to Hanji gracefully and turned to Nick, a stern expression on my face. "Alright, you wanna tell me what's going on? Why a titan? What's the point purpose? What on earth's the point of having one hidden inside the wall? And why choose to keep it a secret? I need answers. And I'm gonna need them right now," Hanji demands.

The pastor sighed before rising to his feet and dusting himself. "I don't have time for this nonsense. I'm a busy man. My flock has been devastated. I demand restitution! Do you know who I am?! Let me down from here this instant!" He shouted.

I lunged forward and grabbed his collar with an intense glare that would make anyone afraid of me. I thrusted him backwards, so he was leaning over the edge of the wall, and I was the only thing keeping him up. "If that's what you want. Will straight down do the trick?" I asked in a stern, slightly menacing tone. 

"Y/N!" One of the scouts shouted to me, trying to get me to stop. 

"Hold!" Hanji told them, letting me continue the interrogation. 

I leaned forward and in a deadly tone I asked, "Let me ask you something. Do you have any concept of how many scouts have laid down their lives fighting these monsters? More than you can count. They died fighting for your freedom. I was with them. I was willing to lay down my own life. Now, you can explain, or you take the plunge. It's your choice. I can always move on to the next blowhard. Matter a fact, they probably know more than you anyway," I thrusted him back farther, "Why am I bothering?"

"Let go! Unhand me!" He shouted while gripping my wrist tightly.

"That's kinda what I had in mind," I responded menacingly.

"Do it!"

My grip on his shirt tightened as I clenched my jaw and angrily replied, "Don't try to call my bluff."

"Please don't!" Moblit pleaded.

"You think I'm afraid to die in the service of my belief? We fulfill our duty, whatever the cost. I don't care! The Lord is my shepherd! Let His humble servant fall!" He shouted and released my wrists, practically begging for me to let go. "Lord, grant release."

As much as I wanted to drop him, I couldn't. I threw him back onto solid ground and looked to Hanji for any sort of instructions. She laughed and turned to the man, "Come on Pastor Nick, spill it. Are all the walls made of titans. At least tell me that much." Hanji had a smile on her face, as if she had enjoyed watching me torture the man.

"Section Commander?" Moblit asked, a bit weary. 

"Wow. How long's it been since I felt like this? Must've been when I stepped outside the walls for the first time. Talk about terrifying," she says nostalgically. Suddenly, the bell started ringing in the city. Hanji and I stood up at the alarming sound and saw a man rushing in on a horse. I flew down the wall and landed next to him. 

"What is it?" I asked urgently.

"Titans have breached Wall Rose!"

My face fell as I quickly flew on my ODM back to the compound, racing to tell Erwin what had happened. I landed on the steps and ran down the hall. I finally spotted the tall, blonde and shorter raven-haired man. "Erwin! Levi!" I shouted with urgency. They turned and looked at me with concern. "Titans! They broke through Wall Rose! They're coming!" Erwin and Levi's eyes widened in horror before Erwin quickly jumped into action.