Wounds Go Deeper Than Skin

There is a trigger warning on this chapter

Your POV

It had been a couple days since Eren, and I were rescued. Levi and I decided that it was time to fill the empty spots on our squad. We both agreed that it should be the members of the 104th cadet corp. Now, our squad consisted of Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Sasha, Connie, and Historia. Our current mission was to protect Eren, Historia, and myself. And, against my better judgement, I decided we'd all be fine living in a remote cabin in the middle of nowhere as a safe house. Why did I think putting Levi and I in charge of a bunch of teenagers was a good idea? Who the hell knows.

The rookies were inside cleaning the cabin, trying to meet Levi's unreasonably high standards, while I was outside tending to the horses. Levi had just arrived, perfect timing. I had just finished feeding the animals and ran to meet him. He was dressed in his usual attire, which consisted of a white button up, some black pants, and a black suit jacket. Even though he wore it quite often, I don't think I'd ever not find it attractive. I haven't confessed my feelings to him yet, I'm worried that he won't feel the same and that would put a wedge between us. That would be bad for the squad, and we couldn't afford to be out of sync. I finally made it to the path, a couple feet before the door. "Hey," I greeted cheerfully.

"Hey. How are the rookies doing?" He asked.

"I actually haven't been up to check on them in a while. Hopefully they haven't killed each other yet," I joked, but was also a little serious. As we got closer to the door, I heard arguing from inside. I slightly shook my head in annoyance and let out a huff. Annoying teenagers. Can't be left alone for two seconds without arguing. Levi opened the door, and I followed him into the cottage.

"What's all the commotion?" Levi asked. A few of the kids realized he was here, but some didn't and continued their bickering. That was until Levi ran his hand under the dining table. Everyone went silent and watched the man. He lifted his hand to observe the dust that they had left underneath. He turned to the kids and said monotonously, "I am quite certain I gave you enough time." The kids all looked either annoyed or like they didn't know what to do. "Never mind. We can discuss your utter failure at a later date. Eren. Y/N. Hanji is anxious to get the experiment underway."

"Right. Yes, sir," Eren responded while I gave a nod.

(Time skip)

I transformed again and this time, my titan was small and lacking any armor at all. I was so tired, and I couldn't stand. I fell to the ground and laid there, motionless. "What's wrong, Y/N? Get up! The future of humanity depends on you, damn it! Get up!" Hanji shouted. As much as I loved her, I was ready to beat the shit out of her. Nonetheless, I placed my hands on the ground and tried to stand but couldn't even lift my feet off the ground. I also felt a slight breeze on my back, indicating that it was exposed. "Y/N! Think you can still move? Give us a signal or something, will ya?" I heard Hanji yell from atop the cliff. I tried to respond, but I couldn't. All I could do was lay there. I heard cables and Hanji calling my name. I felt the blades start to cut around me and Hanji started to lift me out. My hands and face were still attached to the titan though. "Hot! Think you can ease up on the steam a little?" She asked, slightly annoyed.

"Hey, be careful with her. Can't you see she's bleeding?" Jean warned Hanji.

I finally felt my face dislodge from the titan and I heard Hanji scream, "You see her face, Moblit?! Sketch! Quick! We gotta get this!"

"Section commander! Have you no compassion at all?" Moblit scolded Hanji. I heard a swooshing of blades and then I was flying backwards. It was then that I realized I had no eyes, and there was barely any muscle connecting my bottom jaw to my face. Oh, and I still couldn't move.