True Intentions

Your POV

It had been about a month since our first attack on Marley. Zeke and Levi were at each other's throats constantly. Zeke tried to talk to me, but I always ignored him or told him flat out that I didn't want to talk to him. I think Levi saw how bothered I was, which made him even more hostile towards Zeke. The entire dynamic we had going on was awful and I was getting sick and tired of it.

On top of that, there was a group of loyalists who claimed to be in support of Eren called the Jeagerists. They thought that what he did in Liberio was right and that he shouldn't be locked up. From what I knew, they wanted all three Jeager siblings to reunite. They had been causing some trouble, and I was starting to worry that something more was going to happen.

We were currently sitting around a fire as Zeke explained what happened to the people in Ragako. "It's called a 'gas weapon.' The gas was made with some of my spinal fluid. Inhaling even a small amount makes any Subject of Ymir freeze up, lose control of their bodies, and then fall unconscious. This also etches a coordinate inside them. I use this path to send the power of the titans to said coordinate. And that's why the people of that village transformed into obedient titans."

"It was called Ragako. Not that village," Levi said harshly, "And seeing as you murdered every person who lived there, you should learn the name, you bearded shit."

"Look, it's not like I wanted to do it. I just did what was needed to convince the Marleyans that I was loyal to them. If they'd learned the truth, I never could've brought hope to this island. None of this is new to you, though. I told you guys the exact same thing when I first got here. Why do you keep asking me about it?" Zeke asked.

I scowled at him as Levi spoke again, "Because we can see that you aren't burdened by a shred of guilt over what you've done. I still can't tell if you actually wanna save Eldia, but it's clear that those lives meant nothing to you."

"Doubt you were well-liked by the ladies. Considering you think you know what everyone else is feeling. My poor sister was the one that got stuck with you, though."

I was absolutely seething at this point. I think Levi could tell that I was ready to rip Zeke's head off, because I found his hand resting on top of mine. I reluctantly took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down at least a little bit. "I do know. And I was liked by the only person that matters. So..."

"Well good for you!" Zeke retorted, "Anyway, when are you gonna let me meet with Eren so we can run our experiment?"

"That isn't our call to make," I told him simply, "We're waiting for HQ."

"If your commanders think that they have time to spare, then they couldn't be more wrong," Zeke said.

Levi, albeit reluctantly, agreed, "On that point, we agree."

"Captain Levi! Captain Y/N!"

One of the scouts, Varis, ran over and leaned down whispering something to us. My eyes went wide as saucers as I nearly shouted, "What?! Are you serious?!" My heart dropped as Levi and I stood to our feet, going to follow Varis into a more private location. "Stay here," I ordered Zeke threateningly.

Once we reached a place a bit farther from Zeke, Levi asked, "Zachary was assassinated?"

"That's correct. The Jeagerists effectively control everything inside the walls now," Varis confirmed.

"We believe that all this chaos is being caused by Zeke through a plan that he's been using Eren and Yelena to implement," the other scout said.

"What now?" I asked them.