Special Operations Squad

Your POV

"Y/N! Let me see your hands!" Hanji demanded. I hesitantly gave her my bandaged hands and she unwrapped them quickly. She gasped. 

"What?!" I asked as I looked. They were steaming and healing themselves. I looked around at everyone in the room. They were all looking at me in disbelief. "Am I like Eren?"

The Next Day...

We had decided to go to the old scout headquarters and run our squad from there. I didn't mind long rides, but when you have to put up with Oluo...that's another story. 

"An architectural marvel, don't you agree? A proper royal residence once upon a time; and more recently, our former headquarters. Fancy, yes. But absurdly impractical once the Scouts got down to business. Much, much too far removed from either river or wall. This was the early days for us, you understand. Hopes soared high. Now, this opulent bauble is a little more than a holding cell. The place where we store our newest toy." I clenched the reigns tighter on my horse, resisting the urge to unleash an obscene number of profanities at him. Eren looked back and met Levi's gaze before Oluo said, "Do not be deceived, greenhorn." 

"Excuse me?" He asked. Oluo was muttering something to Eren, probably threatening his life or something. Then, his horse stepped on a rock and Oluo quite literally bit his tongue. He screamed in pain as blood flowed out of his mouth. I stifled my laugh and put my head down to avoid any mean glares from Oluo.

"That's what you get for flapping your jowls on horseback," Petra said. 

"The rookie needed to know his place. First impressions are important," Oluo told her. 

I rolled my eyes, adding, "Well, you certainly made an impression on him. No question there." 

"Indeed so. Our exchange went exactly as planned," he replied, making me cringe. 

"What umm... What happened to you? You never used to talk like this?" Petra asked him. 

I had to agree. "I'm mean. It's really none of my business, but if you're trying to act like Levi, it's kind of embarrassing. You and Levi couldn't be less alike if you'd been born separate species," I told him. 

"If you intend to hound me like a wife, Y/N dear, there's rather more of me you need to be antiquated with before laying claim to the privilege," he replied with a smirk. 

I made a gagging noise, retorting, "You wish," I started walking away before adding, "I'd tell you to bite your tongue, but you've got that covered. Next time, I hope you bleed out." 

I walked over to Eren and was about to strike a conversation with him before he added, "Oh-ho-ho. Methinks the lady doth protest too much." 

I turned around harshly and asked, "What was that?"

 He hurriedly stood up and waved his arms, "N-Nothing Captain Y/N." 

"You disgusting swineherd!" I yelled as I jumped at him. He fell to the ground and somehow managed to bite his tongue again. I stood up and watched him writhe in pain on the ground smirking at him. "That's what you get for messing with me Oluo, you should know that by now."

After settling the horses into the stables, Levi and I were walking to the front of the castle when we heard Gunther and Eld talking about how bad the inside of the castle would be, considering the front was a complete mess. "In which case we have a problem, don't we? Best grab a broom and get to work," Levi told them. 

I pulled my cloak off and grabbed a cloth and tied it around my nose and mouth to avoid the dust. Levi had a rag tied around his head to. He's always been a clean freak. I guess it's just from living in the Underground your whole life. It's filthy down there, and full of rats and people discarded items. That's what Levi, Furlan, and Isabel had said anyways.