The 57th Exterior Scouting Mission Part 3

Your POV

I woke up after some time, still being carried by Levi, only now we were gliding through the trees on ODM gear. I shook my head as if clearing it and quickly jumped out of Levi's arms and grappled onto the trees in front of me. "You ok?" Levi asked. Though he sounded cold, the expression on his face showed extreme concern. 

"Yeah, I think so," I said with a determined nod, "How long was I out?" 

"Not long, we're catching up to the female titan on the slim chance that she didn't swallow Eren," he answered. That was when I noticed Mikasa in tow with us. Now I understand. She made Levi go look for him because she thinks that she's holding him in her mouth so that she can still fight. I let out a sigh and nodded at Levi. It's possible, but highly unlikely. He's still my brother though, so if we're already going after her, then I should fight like he's still alive. "Anyways, for the sake of argument, let's narrow our goals. First, we forget about taking her down," Levi continued. 

"No way. She's killed too many of our people for that. She's dead," Mikasa argued. 

"She's got defenses that none of us have been trained to deal with. She wiped out my whole damn squad. I'm telling you it's a lost cause," I told her firmly. 

"Instead, we'll act on your assumption that Eren is alive, and focus only on freeing him before she exits the forest. We'll handle all the cutting. You find a way to distract her," Levi told Mikasa. 

"Right," she agreed with determination.

That was when Mikasa sped in front of her and stayed closer to the ground, trying to distract her from Levi and me. We were hot on her tail, so close to being able to slice her. But she spun around towards us and launched her fist in our direction. That was when Levi and I drew our blades back and spun in the air, gaining enough speed to cut all the way up her arm. I sliced along the bottom while Levi did the top. We ran up her arm and launched ourselves at an inhuman speed towards her eyes. We each lodged both blades into her eyes and jumped into the air while we replaced them. Then we flew towards her and sliced from her shoulders, down her back, and all the way to her feet. 

Then we went back up and sliced just below and above her nape. She covered her neck with her arm, and I grappled forward and sliced at her joints before swinging around to the other side and slicing almost completely through her other arm. Levi and I were cutting through her muscles so fast, that she couldn't harden her skin in time and her arms finally went limp at her sides. All of the sudden, I saw Mikasa grapple onto the female titan's shoulder, getting ready to cut her nape. "Don't do it!" Levi and I yelled. But it was too late. Mikasa was flying towards her, unable to stop. Then the female titan hardened her nape and raised her hand, about to crush Mikasa. 

Levi and I both flew towards her. He pushed her out of the way, and I caught her. But he landed on the titan's hand and a sickening snap could be heard from his ankle. He cringed and groaned in pain, before pushing himself off her hand and slicing her jaw so that it fell open. To my surprise and relief, Eren was sitting on her tongue. "Eren!" Mikasa cried. I let go of Mikasa and flew onto the female titan's tongue, grabbed Eren, and got the hell out of there. 

"Got him! Time to go!" I said as Levi, Mikasa, and I landed on a nearby tree. Mikasa had a relieved smile on her face, one which I returned. "He's alright. Disgusting, but alright," I added. 

"What'd I tell you about trying to take her down? Now come on. We've got Eren. That means our work here is done. Don't screw this up by making it personal, you understand? We all get that you love him, but try not to act crazy," Levi told her before we both jumped into the air and headed towards the horses. I looked back one last time at the titan and gasped at what I saw. She was crying.