Chapter 8

After coming back home from school, Mirae decided it was finally time to talk to Seokyung. Even if Seokyung didn't want to talk to her Mirae would still try to make a conversation. Mirae knew that after the incident with her mother ad Seokhoon, Seokyung must be broken and would completely stop interacting with her family leaving her completely alone. Mirae wanted to make sure she was there for her at a time like this.

"Hi Seokhoon"

Mirae said as she spotted her boyfriend sitting on the couch watching something on his phone.

"You didn't tell me you were coming over"

Seokhoon said looking at Mirae with a smile on his face before standing up and going to hug her.

"I thought now would be a good time to talk to Seokyung"

Mirae sighed as her body relaxed in Seokhoons arms.

"Should I go with you?"

Seokhoon asked breaking the hug. Seeing Mirae look indecisive, Seokhoon decided to go along with her. Mirae looked at Seokhoon when they heard Seokyung talking to someone, Seokhoon silently told her to stay quite as the two entered.

"I know you can do that much for me. I really want to go to SNU with my brother and my best friend. Make sure they can take the performance test again. You said you'd do anything for me. I'm really grateful for what you did to Rona. Just use your connections again for Seokhoon and Mirae..."

Mirae's eyes widened when she heard Seokyung. So she was behind Rona's disqualification and Jenny not giving the test.

"Joo Seokyung!"

Mirae was brought back to her thoughts upon hearing Seokhoon shout his sisters name.

"Oppa"

Seokyung seemed startled to see the two in the room.

"Have you and dad been scheming? Did you ask him to get Rona disqualified? Tell the truth."

Seokhoon said looking at Seokyung angrily.

"Just pretend you don't know"

Seokyung said not looking at the two.

"Seokyung, Why would you do that?"

Mirae asked knowing she wouldn't get a straight answer from Seokyung but trying anyway.

"You wouldn't understand"

Seokyung said and was about to walk by slightly pushing Seokhoon when Seokhoon stopped her by grabbing her arm.

"Why do you have to live like this? When are you going to stop? Why is going to university so important for you?"

Seokhoon asked.

"It's not about university"

"Then what is it?"

Seokhoon asked looking at Seokyung waiting for her answer.

"I hate Eomma. It's driving me crazy. She's back but I still feel lonely. I want her to only think about me but she doesn't. To her, Rona means more to her than me. She doesn't care a bit about what I want."

"That's because what you want is ridiculous. What gives you the right to interfere in someone else's life. For both Rona and Eunbyeol, SNU was a dream."

"Think about your own sister who's right next to you."

Seokyung said before turning back and noticing her mother standing behind her. Mirae hadn't even noticed Shim Suryeon, as she was too engrossed in the conversation between the siblings.

"I was praying I was wrong. Was it really your doing? If you must trample on others to climb yourself, can you really be proud of yourself?"

The twins' mother asked Seokyung.

"I don't care. What's so wrong with getting what I want? When Dad was arrested nobody sympathized with us. If Dad has the power to do it why should I say no?"

Seokyung voice started getting louder each word.

"The SNU test interview is today, you can't go. Give up."

"Says who? Who are you to decide that?"

"I can't let you go to SNU"

"Too bad I'll go anyways"

Seokyung said to her mother. Shim Suryeon didn't say anything but simply turned around to leave the room. Mirae looked at Seokhoon wondering what to do and he also silently told her that they should also leave the room.

"Everything will be okay as long as you let me go. You can do that much for me can't you? If you really love me please do this much for me. Don't you even feel sorry for me? Please. Please let me go. If I miss the interview I won't be admitted"

Seokyung stood in front of her mother stopping her from leaving and said. Seokhoon stepped forward wrapping his arm around his mother and taking her outside.

"Eomma I have to go to the interview"

Seokyung trailed after the three who were leaving the room. Seokhoon quickly locked the door shut while she continued to beg her mother to take her. Mirae looked at the locked door silently. She knew this was the right punishment for Seokyung but she still wanted to unlock the door and help her give the interview.

"Don't let her out at all"

Seokhoon said to the maids before turning to his mother and asking her if she was okay. Once he was assured that he was fine he indicated Mirae to come to his room so he could talk to her.