Chapter 18

Mirae didn't know why she was feeling so nervous. It shouldn't be awkward at all but to her it seemed like this would be the longest few minutes of her entire life. Waiting in the community room for a minute felt like an hour so how would actually meeting and talking to him feel like? Does she have to say hi? Or hello? Or hey there buddy? Nope that just sounded awful. Luckily for her Seokhoon solved her little problem.

"What did you want to talk about? Make it quick I have work"

Seokhoon asked the girl as soon as he entered the room. Part of Mirae was happy that they didn't awkwardly stand and not say anything but the other part felt broken because Seokhoon didn't seem hurt or fazed by the breakup at all. Shaking her head she tried to focus on the real reason why she was here in the first place.

"I found out about Seokyung. Is she really in Italy?"

Mirae asked Seokhoon hoping he'll agree with her and she can leave with a light heart.

"I don't think so, eomma and I are looking into it"

Seokhoon replied back making Mirae's heart drop.

"Is it possible that you let me know everything you find out?"

Mirae asked the boy again hoping he would agree.

"If we find her I'll let you know"

Seokhoon replied to her making Mirae sigh with relief.

"I should get going now, if that's all you wanted to ask"

Seokhoon said before slightly bowing and leaving the room. Mirae opened her mouth to say something but stopped herself. They weren't that close enough that she comforted him. Picking up her handbag from the chair Mirae headed to the celebratory party that was being held for Rona.

"Oh you're here finally. I've been waiting for you for soo long, we need to talk.

Rona said to Mirae as soon as she entered the apartment. Mirae nodded wondering what the girl had to talk about but before she went in the room with Rona, she bowed to the elders greeting them. Making eye contact with Shim Suryeon Mirae saw her living her a painful smile, a smile that said I understand what you're going through but just hold on things will be back to normal. Mirae wondered if Seokhoon had told his mother about the break up.

"So I found out what the drug does"

Rona started as she took out the red and white pill out from her drawer to show Mirae. Mirae looked at the drug before looking at Rona waiting for her to go.

"Its used to erase memories of the past, but the real problem is that its side effects are really bad one of them is long term dementia. Why is Eunbyeol taking these?"

Rona said looking at Mirae.

"I'm not sure, the only person who'd know that is Eunbyeol herself. How about we talk to her and ask her?"

Mirae suggested an idea which Rona agreed to and Mirae was back in the community room waiting for someone but this time she was with Rona and not waiting for her ex boyfriend.

"You want to show off more is that why you called me here?"

Eunbyeol said coming down the stairs glaring at the girls.

"Does your mother know you're taking this drug?"

Rona ignored what Eunbyeol said and asked what she came for. Eunbyeols eyes widened as soon as she spotted the drug and tried to snatch it from her but Rona was quicker than her and didn't let her take it.

"Why do you have that?"

Eunbyeol asked clearly panicked.

"It's just a tranquilizer, I've been taking for a long time. I only take it when I'm extremely nervous"

Eunbyeol said more calmly.

"Is that what Ms. Jin is telling you? Did you really believe that?"

Mirae raised her eyebrows and asked the girl.

"When you said you didn't remember anything about my mother's death. I thought you were lying but now I know you really have no memory of it. This drug erases your memory. Taken long term it can cause early on set dementia"

Rona explained to Eunbyeol.

This is ridiculous, why would Ms. Jin give me such an awful drug? Are you losing your mind after your mothers death?"

Eunbyeol asked Rona in a tone that clearly showed she didn't believe anything that Rona had just said. She took a step closer to Rona before continuing.

"Don't bother me like this again."

Eunbyeol said before walking away.

"Wake up Ha Eunbyeol, you shouldn't take this drug, Ha Eunbyeol!"

Mirae shouted trying to catch the girls attention but failing miserably.

"I have one last idea to convince her"

Rona said taking out her phone as soon as Eunbyeol left.

"Are you calling Dr. Ha?"

Mirae asked.

"You know me too well"

Rona smiled at the girl before taking to Dr. Ha on the other end of the call.

"What? You know where she is?"

Mirae asked Seokhoon who had called her to inform her that they had found Seokyung.

"More like we knew where she is. Our father sent her to some orphanage which isn't even located on the map and now she has run away from it. If she contacts you let me know immediately"

Seokhoon said before ending the call. As soon as he ended the call Mirae called Seokyung knowing she wouldn't pick up but tried anyway. Just as she had expected the phone had been turned off. Mirae sat down on her bed thinking exactly where would Seokyung run away and go? The only answer was Hera Palace but she wasn't here as far as Mirae knew. All Mirae had to do now was wait for further news.