Chapter 19

Mirae quickly rushed towards the address Seokhoon texted her. Even though the last conversation she had with Seokyung was a little rough and maybe rude she still cared for her best friend and had been worried for her since she had left the penthouse.

"Joo Seokyung"

Mirae called out to the girl who was talking about something with her brother.

"You told her?"

Seokyung asked her brother once she noticed Mirae standing glaring at her. Seokhoon nodded before going to sit down knowing this would take a long time.

"Why do you never listen to me? You know how worried I was? Why didn't you just call me and tell me how you were doing? Was doing that that hard?"

Mirae said to Seokyung walking closer to her, the glare still evident on her face. Instead of replying to Mirae, Seokyung quickly walked forward pulling her best friend in a tight hug. This not only shocked Mirae, but also Seokhoon, both couldn't believe what had just happened. Seokyung was never the type of girl to just suddenly hug you she was more of a type of telling you that you are important to her by making a sarcastic comment.

"I missed you"

Seokyung said in between the hug.

"I missed you too, let's never fight again."

Mirae said before breaking the hug and smiling at Seokyung.

"Now that you guys have had your little moment I'll call eomma she wants to meet you as well"

Seokhoon said taking out his phone but was stopped by Seokyung.

"No don't call her"

Seokyung said snatching the phone from Seokhoon.

"Why?"

Seokhoon asked clearly confused. Mirae also looked at the girl wondering what was going on in her mind now.

"You want her to keep worrying? We looked all over the retreat center that day because of you. Eomma's in a dark place right now. After Rona's mother died, she's been fighting our father day and night"

Seokhoon continued saying.

"Is this about her again? Stop talking about Rona's mother I'm sick of hearing about it. It's not like I killed her"

Seokyung said.

"You didn't, but you played a part. She found out you were eomma's daughter and was chased by father. That's how she passed away"

Seokhoon explained to the girl.

"What?"

Seokyung asked looking a little shocked.

"You of all people shouldn't talk that way about her death. She was even falsely accused of kidnapping Eunbyeol"

Seokhoon continued.

"What do you mean?

Seokyung asked looking at the two.

"Because of Ms. Jin's lie, I hate that woman"

Mirae said to Seokyung rolling her eyes.

"Ms. Jin?"

Seokyung said looking lost. Mirae could feel Seokyung was thinking about something important but she couldn't quite place her finger at what she could be thinking about.

"I told Ms Jin that Ha Eunbyeol was at Mirae's place"

Seokyung stuttered.

"What?

Mirae and Seokhoon said together not expecting this from Seokyung.

"I kept you both at the tteokbokki place for her. If only I hadn't told her none of this would have happened? Did Rona's mother die because of me?"

Seokyung said looking at the two with fear in her eyes. Mirae didn't know how to react and before she could think of something Seokhoon was already dealing with it.

"Did you really do that? Tell me exactly what happened."

Seokhoon grabbed her from the shoulders and interrogated her.

"You tell me is eomma in danger? What did dad do to her?"

Seokyung asked Seokhoon. Seokhoon simply let go of her before leaving the room.

"Mirae is eomma safe?"

Seokyung turned to Mirae unbothered by the fact that Seokhoon had just left.

"She's a safe as she was before, but don't worry I'm sure nothing's going to happen to her"

Mirae said trying to comfort Seokyung.

"You probably already know everything, I really don't know how to see or how to talk to her but at the same time I want to see her, I'm a mess aren't I?"

Seokyung asked Mirae sitting down

"Everything will get better give it time. Plus you should meet your mother trust me if thre's one person in this world who would never hold a grudge with someone it's a mother with their child. She loves you too much to just abandon you"

Mirae said sitting next to Seokyung and patting her back assuring her everything will be okay. The rest of the evening Mirae spent with Seokyung trying to get her mind off of all the stuff she had found out.

"Is it just me or are things different between you and Oppa?"

Seokyung asked after feeling much better than before

"What do you mean?"

"You didn't even greet him when you came and you guys didn't make eye contact once, is everything alright?"

"We broke up, but don't worry there are no hard feelings, at least on my side"

Mirae said looking down. She hated that these days everyone she talked to like to mention the fact that Sokhoon and her seemd a little "off". She didn't want to talk about it, she simply wanted to move on, or better forget about all the memories that she made with him during their time together. Everytime someone took his name with her all those memories she tried to block away came flooding back which annoyed her. Why couldn't she just move on?

"Wow how is he living without you?"

Seokyung said leaning back crossing her arms.

"What do you mean?"

"That boy couldn't spend a day without seeing your face or talking to you how will he take the break up? Why did you break up with him though?'

"He broke up with me?"

"What! Are you sure? That doesn't sound like him at all"

"I know right, I'm glad I'm not the only one who taught that"

Mirae said quietly looking down.

"Are you sure he wan't blackmailed into breaking up with you?"

"Who would do that?"

"Ha Eunbyeol. She must be so jealous of you she had to blackmail him to get him to breakup with you. You know she must have told him if you don't break up with him I'll get my people to kill Mirae"

Seokyung said making Mirae burst into laughter.

"And then he begged Eunbyeol not to hurt you and that he'll breakup with you if she promsed not to touch a single hair on your body"

Seokyung continued speaking more dramatically. Mirae continued laughing deep down glad she was on good terms with her best friend again. If there was one person who could make her feel better after a break up it was Seokyung even if she had broken up with said girl's brother.