Chapter 17

Mirae thought she would be able to take the break up well but boy was she wrong. Everything around her reminded her of Seokhoon and it was driving her crazy. Even some of her clothes reminded her of him only because he complimented those dresses once and on top of that her room always seemed to bring her back to the memories of Seokhoon and her spending time in her room trying to forget an awful day they had.

But the worst thing was running into him at Hera Palace. It was hard to avoid him because they lived in the same apartment building but Mirae really believed that it would be easy as the place was huge, sadly she was wrong. Mirae hadn't told her mother about the break up but somehow she knew that her mother already had an idea about it and she was glad that she wasn't asking any questions about it.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?"

Mirae asked her mother as she poured herself a glass of juice and watched her mother frantically look for her phone.

"Suryeon found something out. She found out what Oh Yoon Hee wanted to tell her and well now she's scared."

Eun Sook said sighing with relief after finding her phone.

"Can I ask what it was?"

Mirae asked curiously.

"I'm sure I can tell you but you need to promise not to tell anyone"

Eun Sook waited for Mirae to agree and then continued.

"Turns out Seokyung is Suryeons daughter and Seol Ah's twin."

Eun Sook kept the story short as she needed to leave quickly.

"What?"

Mirae asked surprised at the revelation.

"Yeah I know its unexpected, anyways I need to go now, I'll see you later ok?"

Eun Sook said before kissing her daughter goodbye and leaving the apartment. Mirae didn't even have anytime to process what her mother had just told her and before she could ask any questions she realized that her mother had left the apartment. Mirae sighed and was brought out of her jumbled thoughts upon hearing a ding from her phone.

Are you coming to the audition today?

Oh she had forgotten all about Rona's audition today. Of course she was going to be there but the new revelation just made her mind jumbled for a few seconds.

Of course I'll be there.

She quickly wrote back and ran to her room to get changed into something more appropriate.

Eunbyeol is fuming over here

She read Rona's text with a smile on her face.

Obviously she knows ur better than her

Mirae quickly typed back before grabbing her coat and leaving for the place where the audition was being held. She knew this was a big thing for Rona and Jenny and she knew she had to be there even if she was devastated about the breakup and shocked about the new fact that Seokyung was related to Suryeon by blood.

As Mirae sat in the audience for the audition only one thought was roaming through her mind. Did Seokhoon know? If he knew how was he taking this news? Was he devastated? Was he fine with it? Moreover was Seokyung fine? Was she safe in Italy? Was she really in Italy? All these thoughts made her want to pull all her hair out but instead of doing that she did the one thing she never thought she would do. She messaged Seokhoon.

Could we meet up someplace?

As soon as she pressed send she panicked and tried to delete the message but it was too late he had already read it.

Meet me in the community room in two hours.

Mirae closed her phone and sighed. She hoped this wouldn't be awkward all she wanted to do was ask him what he knew. Plus just because of this stupid break up she wasn't going to stop caring about Seokyung. And that was the only reason she was going to meet Seokhoon.

"You both did amazing absolutely show stopping. Like how are you both so talented"

Mirae said to her Jenny and Rona once they came backstage after the audition. The two irls smiled at their friend both glad she made it there.

"You do know I'm here as well right?"

Minhyuk asked the girl who playfully rolled her eyes.

"You did well"

Mirae complimented him dryly making him roll his eyes at her. The four entered the makeup room with all smiles.

"Mirae what are you doing here?"

Another participant asked Mirae surprised to see her here.

"Oh I just came here to you know try out for the piano position, see if I'm qualified enough"

Mirae joked with a smile on her face. Rona and Jenny looked at each other shaking their heads. Mirae might seem like a shy girl but she always found someone she knew almost everywhere.

"Of course you were we all know you're probably going to end up doing something with your boyfriend. It must be fun to be dating someone with the same interests as you"

The girl said looking at the other participants who nodded.

"Yeah well..."

Mirae was about to say but was Eunbyeol coming in the room and she had never been glad to see her come in but she was glad today. As usual the girl accused Rona of cheating and all the usual. Mirae glanced at the time knowing she had to meet with Seokhoon soon so she wanted this to end as soon as possible.

"Yah Ha Eunbyeol, don't act like you didn't cheat your way up to here. Without your mother you're nothing special keep that in mind before tormenting others. Anyways I got to go I'll call you guys later"

Mirae said to her friends before leaving the room and rushing to Hera Palace.