Chapter 18

News came faster than expected at least that's what Mirae thought when she saw Seokhoon's contact name light up on her phone. Without thinking much she picked it up.

"Hello?"

Mirae said after not hearing anyone talk from the other end.

"Mirae something worse has happened, apparently eomma had hidden Logan in the penthouse, I have no idea whatsoever about what's going on is your mother there she isn't picking up her call"

Mirae heard Seokhoon's panicked voice. Hearing him panicked Mirae knew right now the best decision was to simply not ask any questions even though she really needed to. Where did Logan even come from? And why was Suryeon hiding his dead body in the penthouse? She knew they loved each other but that was still weird.

"I'll go check if she's home"

Mirae said and got up from her bed and went to search for her mother in the apartment with Seokhoon on the phone. Weirdly, she didn't find her mother anywhere in the apartment and when she asked Maid Choi if she had seen Eun Sook the maid simply replied saying that she hadn't come back from work yet.

"She's not home yet which is weird because she's always home at this time"

Mirae said to Seokhoon slightly panicking herself. Just like Mirae Seokhoon could also sense the panic in Mirae's voice and he felt mad at himself for telling Mirae and making her panic.

"I'll be at your apartment, give me 5 minutes"

Seokhoon said before ending the call. As soon as the call ended Mirae aled her mother but nobody picked up. After losing so many people around her Mirae's first thought immediately was that she might lose her mother as well. She kept on calling and calling her mother's number till she heard the doorbell ring.

"She isn't picking up. Where can she be? She'll be fine right?"

Mirae bombarded Seokhoon with questions before he could even come in.

"She'll be fine, I think Logan's family might have taken her"

Seokhoon replied finally coming in.

"Why? Seokhoon I think you need to tell me everything from the start, I really don't understand anything right now"

Mirae said to Seokhoon as the two sat down.

"Honestly I don't know much either, all I know is my father came back to the penthouse claiming my mother had done something awful, which is keeping Logan in the penthouse and that I think Logan's people have taken her some place and I'm also guessing your mother might be with her"

Seokhoon said leaning back on the sofa clearly tired from work.

"But Ms. Shim didn't hide Logan in the penthouse right? I mean I don't think she would"

Mirae asked Seokhoon.

"Well the only person who knows whats happening is the adults and until we get in contact with them there's no knowing anything"

Seokhoon said to Mirae not looking at her knowing if he saw her scared face he would definitely hug her in order to comfort her and that would be the last thing he wanted to do right now.

The wait turned out to be longer than expected and when Seokhoon finally told Mirae that he found out where their mothers were Mirae was ready in a blink of an eye to go with Seokhoon to meet her mother and ask her what in the wide world was going on?

On the way there the ride was silent. The two weren't talking to each other at all, the bike they were on held too many memories of the two when they were together, they even had their first kiss right next to it.