Chapter 24

"Is it just me or were we just kicked out of Hera Palace?"

Jenny asked all her friends who were sitting in the van arranged for their trip.

"What do you mean by that?"

Mirae asked the girl lifting her head from Seokyungs shoulder.

"I mean this plan was quite last minute plus we're missing Ms. Shims engagement. Don't you guys find that weird?"

Jenny continued. Mirae silently starting thinking about what Jenny said. It did seem weird that Mirae wasn't there celebrating Logan and Shim Suryeon's engagement but when she said to Logan while congratulating him he seemed to brush the topic off.

"Are you trying to say our parents are trying to get rid of us?"

Minhyuk asked looking at Jenny with disbelief.

"No I think somethings going on and they want us out of the way"

Jenny said looking at her friends waiting for some sort of reaction.

"You know Jenny seems to have a point what if our parents are in danger and they sent us away because they were scared something might happen to us"

Mirae said frightening thoughts coming in her mind. Seokhoon instinctively reached out to grab Mirea's hand to comfort her knowing she'd be worried for her mother but at the last moment stopped remembering they weren't on the best terms.

"I think we should go back"

Rona suddenly said after a few minutes of silence.

"Back to Hera palace?"

Seokhoon asked confirming if she meant that.

"Yeah we should be there with them something doesn't feel right"

Seokyung also said. Mirae looked around proud that everyone was agreeing to one thing. But now wasn't the time to think about that Mirae thought to herself as the van turned around and started is journey back to Hera palace.

"What are you all doing here?"

Jenny's mother asked the kids as they walked in the hall which was decorated for the engagement party.

"We felt something was weird so we came back is everything fine here?"

Jenny asked her mother but before she could reply the emergency alarms started ringing.

"What's going on?"

Mirae asked no one in particular confused and frightened.

"Everyone evacuate there's a bomb inside, quickly quickly"

Jenny's mother started guiding people towards the exits. All the kids looked around at each other before helping Jenny's mother guide people.

"Be careful, don't fall"

Mirae said to the people running frantically around her. While helping a woman who had fallen on the floor Mirae heard a loud crash near her causing her to jump with fear.

"Are you alright?"

Seokhoon ran towards the girl who was shaking lightly. Mirae nodded before going to help the person who had crashed into the glass up. After everyone was safely in the elevator or had left the kids and Jenny's mother ran into the elevator. That's when Mirae realized her mother wasn't there.

"Eomma, where is she?"

Mirae said looking around trying to look for her mother but couldn't see her anywhere.

"Your mother is fine she's with Logan don't worry they both are fine."

Jenny's mother shouted to Mirae wanting her to quickly get into the elevator so they could leave.