Chapter 2

"Are you really back?"

Mirae asked Logan who had just called her to inform her that he was back in Seoul.

"Would I lie about something like this?"

Mirae heard Logan chuckle from the other end making her roll her eyes.

"Well will you come to Hera Palace or to the hotel you usually stay at?"

Mirae asked eager to meet him as soon as possible. The relationship she had with Logan couldn't be put to words. She looked up to him a lot and sometimes wished she could be as cool as him but other times she was annoyed by him and didn't want to talk with him.

"Right now I'm heading to meet Suryeon, then I'll decide"

"Oooo your girlfriend"

Mire teased him.

"Don't start with that, you do know I still need to talk to Seokhoon as well"

"Best of luck with whatever you're doing and don't you dare do anything to my boyfriend"

Mirae said and quickly cut the call.

"Eomma did you hear? Logan's back"

Mirae said to her mother as she went out for breakfast.

"Really he didn't inform- oh ok I'm informed now"

Eun Sook changed her tone upon receiving a text from said person.

"Eomma, I was thinking maybe its time for you to go out and find someone for yourself as well, you should also find someone special, you know someone you can lean on"

Mirae said to her mother indirectly implying that she should find a good partner for herself.

"I have you and that's all I need"

Eun Sook said ruffling Mirae's hair on the way towards the kitchens sink to put her dishes in the dishwasher.

"Well it's up to you of course but all I'm saying is that I won't mind you finding a partner"

Mirae said getting up as well. Eun Sook just smiled at her daughter. It wasn't that Eun Sook didn't want a partner she just feared having one. A part of her was scared that if she found a new partner he'd also leave her just like the two she had in the past. She didn't want to go through all the pain of loosing someone she loved again. That's why she wanted to live contently with just Mirae.

The day had seemed to be going pretty normal for Mirae so she didn't expect this to happen. It was completely unexpected. Standing outside Shim Suryeon's shop and putting bouquets of flowers and sweet messages still didn't make Mirae believe that the person she was supposed to meet later was no longer alive. Standing next to her mother, while silent tears ran down her cheeks, Mirae still expected Logan to suddenly show up and ask everyone what was happening.

Mirae also noticed the pain in Suryeon's eyes and she knew the pain she was feeling was so lesser than what she was feeling which made Mirae wonder how much broken she was by this.

Eventually everyone left leaving Mirae and her mother who was trying to drag Mirae back home but Mirae wouldn't budge. In her mind she believed that if she stayed here, Logan would come back. He'd come back with a smile on his face bragging to her how he had finally asked Shim Suryeon the golden question. He'd come back and interrogate Seokhoon and irritate Mirae. He couldn't just leave her, could he?

"Mirae ah, let's go home"

Eun Sook softly patted her back. Hearing about Logan's death affected her a lot too but seeing her daughter in soo much pain hurt her more.

"Eomma is he actually gone?"

Mirae softly asked her mother gazing at the little memorial they had made for him. Her mother didn't reply instead simply grabbed Mirae in a tight hug. Mirae didn't know if it was the hug or just her mother not replying but reality suddenly hit her like a ton of bricks and she broke down in her mother arms. After crying some time and letting it all out, Eun Sook was finally able to take Mirae back home.

Mirae said a hurried good night as soon as she reached home and headed in her bedroom. Eun Sook knew she needed some alone time right now and let her be, planning to give her something to eat after a little time.

Mirae was sitting on her bed cuddling with the stuff toy Seokhoon had recently won for her when her bedroom door flew open. Seeing Seokhoon, Mirae felt a fresh wave of tears making its way and as soon as Seokhoon reached closer to her and pulled her into a hug Mirae broke down again. Seokhoon himself had never been close to Logan but two of the most important people in his life were broken by his death. Of course Seokhoon was also upset, he knew Logan was a good man and also respected and admired him.

Seokhoon let Mirae cry as much as she wanted to as he stroked her hair comforting her and it helped because after sometime Mirae broke the hug and went back to hugging the stuffed toy while leaning her head on Seokhoons shoulder.

"It seems unreal, like you know he'll... you know when I found out Min Seol Ah died I felt like my whole world came crashing down. When I found out she had been murdered I wanted to avenge her. I wanted the person who killed her feel the same pain she did or even worse. Now I can't...I never saw this coming and it hurts so much. I though all this crazy stuff was over. Seokhoon ah what if after this I lose someone else and then someone else and then everyone else what will-"

Mirae started saying looking at Seokhoon with panic in her eyes when Seokhoon grabbed her face softly.

"I won't let anything happen to you ok? I'll never leave you alone I promise you that. You'll never be alone as long as you have me ok?"

Seokhoon said wiping the tears that were still falling from Mirae's eyes. Mirae softly nodded before Seokhoon pulled her in another hug.

Seokhoon wasn't lying when he said he would take care of her. He was ready to protect her from anything. Little did he know what the future held for the two and how things would completely change in a way no one wanted it to change.