Chapter 25

Lexion asked while looking at Seirin, who had already become unconscious.

“What’s the matter?”

“She has been drinking.”

“Ah…”

Lexion nodded his head as if it was understandable. Then Gregory handed Seirin over to him and said,

“She drank because of you, so you are responsible.”

Lexion gave him an old look while Gregory passed her on to him. Soon, he tried to hand Seirin back to Gregory.

“You can take her.”

“I have to take care of the drunk Princess. That’s my job.”

Gregory leaned back and pointed to the dancing Princess. Lexion let out a deep sigh as if he couldn’t do anything and said to me.

“Sorry. Could you go ahead?”

“Ah…”

I paused while getting ready to follow him. Of course, I thought we were going together.

“Yes! Okay.”

Somehow, my behavior became awkward, so I answered quickly and smiled. At this, Lexion’s expression became odd, but Seirin tossed and complained in her sleep.

“Ugh.”

Lexion stared at her stiffly, then stopped his steps and changed his words.

“No. Come with me. It’s close to the Imperial Palace from here…”

“What are you saying? She should go back alone to the castle and rest”

Gregory stopped him and complained. I couldn’t do anything so I alternately stared at both. But Lexion stubbornly answered and called me.

“It’s close anyway. Let ‘s go, Titi.”

“Ah yes!”

As I approached him, Gregory shook his head.

“Be careful!”

Gregory shouted from behind. I glanced back and nodded, then followed Lexion.

‘Thank you.’ because Lexion asked me to go with him. The truth was, I didn’t want to let the two of them go alone. A smile continued to spread across my lips.

The Imperial Palace was not far from the detached Palace where we were. As we approached the entrance, a knight found Seirin.

“Princess?”

“The princess is a little drunk. Please take her safely.”

Lexion spoke to the knight and handed her over to him. I blinked because I thought he would take her inside her Palace.

“Aren’t you going to see her all the way?”

“She’s safe in the imperial palace anyway.”

“But in the past…”

Oops, I hurriedly swallowed back my words. It was the story of my past life when he brought Seirin into her Palace. It was a scene that the book made me see.

‘I almost made a mistake.’

After a while, Lexion grabbed my hand and said,

“Let’s go.”

“Yes.”

But we didn’t take one step forward. It was because Seirin called Lexion. The nickname she used to call him when they were kids.