Chapter 24

“It’s me.”

I hesitated to answer, and he jumped up. I was wrong to think that he was covering his eyes to avoid the sun. His eyes were slightly red and puffy.

‘He cried.’

I felt strange as if I had unintentionally peeked into something he didn’t want anyone to see. Gregory’s eyes fluttered violently as if he was still confused. I guess he didn’t think I would follow him. He bit his lips and stuttered.

“You…”

“Did you cry?”

“Who is crying? I was just yawing.”

“I see.”

“Really.”

“Yes. I believe you.”

“Haaa… yaawwn—”

Gregory covered his face with both hands. Quite shameful. After a moment’s hesitation, I sat down on the grass. Then I tilted my head and made eye contact with him.

“Are you embarrassed?”

“I didn’t cry!”

Gregory groaned and shouted. I shrugged and nodded.

“If you’re sad, you might cry a little. Why are you hiding like that?”

“Who is sad?”

“Right now, the Prince’s eyes are sad. I feel like you’ll cry if I touch you.”

“Tsk, what are you saying?”

Gregory turned his head completely, avoiding my gaze. Seeing that he was unusually agitated, I seemed to have hit the bullseye.

‘He can’t be honest.’

I looked at the wildflowers next to him without further inquiring. Clovers were growing all over the place. Bored, I looked around to find a four-leaf clover and laid down again. The grass swayed in the gentle breeze. While I was looking for a four-leaf clover while humming a song I couldn’t even remember the lyrics to.

“What song is that?”

“Oh! I found one!”

At the same time as Gregory’s question, I cheered. I exclaimed ‘woohoo’ while holding the newly discovered four-leaf clover.

It was my first time finding one. It took me so little time to find one, so it was even more surprising.

“Again, what were you looking for?”

Gregory smirked and held out his hand. He added as I stared at the hand.

“If you’re going to give it to me, give it to me.”

“But I’m going to keep it?”

“What? Didn’t you come here to comfort me?”

Gregory replied with a puzzled face. I tilted my head and spoke.

“Why do you need comfort when you say you didn’t cry?”

“…”

Gregory couldn’t keep going without shooting himself in the foot. In the meantime, I put the four-leaf clover in my bag without hesitation.

“…Really? Are you really not giving it to me?”

Gregory looked at the four-leaf clover in the bag and asked. I shook my head nonchalantly.

“I’m not lucky enough to give it to someone who didn’t cry.”

“I cried.”

“You said you didn’t cry.”