Chapter 19

“Eat well.”

Lexion’s soft voice wrapped around my ears.

He smoothly sliced ​​the meat and put it in his mouth. I glanced at him while picking up the already sliced ​​meat and ate it.

The guide had defined his setting as ‘unknown.’

That meant his very existence was like a variable in this book.

‘I wonder if he remembered me because his settings were not defined.’

I wanted to ask him directly if he remembered me, but that would have given me a penalty.

It was restricted to let the characters in the book know that this world was inside it.

Unless I explained to him that this place was inside a book, there was no way for me to explain what happened before my return, so the frustration increased in my mind.

There was a time in my previous life when I talked about the book. It was so unbearable for me that I wanted to say it to someone.

What happened was terrible.

A bizarre scene passed, I saw how I went back in time as if my body was rewinding itself.

After that terrifying experience, I didn’t even dare to try again.

I was afraid of trying and losing my body forever.

It felt like it wasn’t my body.

I was so lost in thought that I forgot to eat, then Lexion asked.

“Why aren’t you eating?”

“Ah… I’m eating.”

I lifted the fork that was paused midway.

Every time I glanced at him, our eyes met.

Like in the past, when I kept looking at Lexion, waiting for his attention. I had the illusion that he was looking at me like that.

Did the Lexion of my previous life look at me like this when I glanced at him all the time?

I ate the meat he had cut with my head down.

Meanwhile, Lexion’s gaze didn’t leave me.

It was embarrassing to feel his stare as if it was the first time he saw someone eating.

“Why, why are you looking at me like that? If you have something to say…”

“No reason. You eat well.”

Lexion answered smoothly with his chin up. As he smiled softly, my mouth felt dry.

“Zi, Zion too, hurry up and eat.”

I stuck my eyes on the plate and muttered in a low voice.

Only then he lifted the fork again.

After a bit, Lexion spoke kindly to me as I put the last piece of meat in my mouth.

“I think I’ll be a little late today.”

At his words, I stopped moving and asked carefully. It was because the preview was still on my mind.

“Where… are you going?”

“I’ve got some work to do before we head back north.”

He wiped his lips with a napkin and spoke calmly.

I shouted in a higher tone than usual, feeling sudden anxiety.

“I- I’m coming with you!”

When I suddenly shouted, Lexion’s eyes widened. He blinked and looked at me.