Chapter 8

Gregory continued to say even he lacked an explanation.

“He’s been searching for you until he found you. He’s been standing next to you all the time.”

“T-that is…”

“I felt bad and sorry for him, so I dragged him out of your sight, and there was this misunderstanding too.”

“Ha, it would be unfair if Zion knew. The maid took all the balls he had for you to play with.”

Gregory clicked his tongue a few times as if he felt sorry for Lexion.

I was so surprised that I just shut my lips.

All these new facts were hard to understand.

After a while, he asked me with a look of curiosity.

“Anyway, but who else would he be looking for?”

“All the articles outside are hot with a lady and Zion. There is also rumor that he has a hidden fiancé.”

I didn’t think of anything even though Gregory was babbling loudly next to me.

I just stared into the air and organized my thoughts.

It turned out that Lexion’s sole act to find out as she thought was that he was investigating the disaster after receiving the emperor’s order.

If he didn’t meet Gregory on time, he could have been driven into a rebellion.

That is an unbecoming reckless act.

Besides, he gave up his search and nursed me instead.

It is rather heartbreaking that he had been by my side for three days.

But Gregory wouldn’t let me fall into these thoughts.

“Hey, you didn’t faint while you were standing up, did you? Can you give me an answer?”

“Pardon? What do you mean?”

I am surprised at Gregory’s hand-waving behavior in front of me and asked back.

He looked very unfriendly, as if he had other thoughts about me.

I was so surprised that my actions stopped and I couldn’t respond properly.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I’ve been thinking about something for a little bit….”

Then someone put a wide-brimmed hat on my head.

Thanks to this, the beaming sun was being shaded.

When I turned my head, he had dark hair.

His deep dark eyes looked straight at me and said,

“You’ve been here all along. You still looked unwell.”

His words of concern were very friendly.

Lexion smiles as soon as he sees me.

He looked like a large dog wagging its tail gently to find its owner, looking like he only followed behind me.

I tried to laugh in reciprocation, but hesitated and lowered my lips.

I wondered if I could be so happy.

Just by looking at each other makes me feel so good, and thus I kept looking forward to it.

But I am very afraid of the time when he would reject me afterwards.

‘Don’t laugh at me.’

I remembered what I had said to him in my previous life.

It was when Seirin and Lexion avoided their seats when I saw them trying to kiss.