Chapter 22

Part Five – Evil Dragon’s Attack

Aden. The 12th day of the seventh month, year 408.

The Korte Kingdom delegation arrived at the capital of the Aden Empire. It was three days later when Lexion came into contact with them.

In the meantime, my body improved a lot and I was even able to do simple exercises.

‘After all, a lot of money is poured into this treatment, it’ll make the recovery quicker.’

I did my best to recover. I was afraid that Lexion wouldn’t allow me to follow him if my physical condition was bad. I stretched out and pondered about the current situation.

Every year around this time, the Korte Kingdom comes with a large delegation to pay tribute to the Empire.

It was an annual event where not only the Royal Family, but also merchants, moved in large numbers, so the inside of the capital was fairly busy.

Merchants in the capital were already bent on preoccupying business with them. This was because they brought high-quality silk, spices, and perfumes.

Of course, that wasn’t all. As much as they sold things in the Empire, they also bought goods from it. Most of them were magic tools, since living in the Empire could save taxes. The magic tools imported from the Korte Kingdom had to be sold because of the double taxation, so there was no profit left.

On the other hand, it was advantageous to live directly in the Empire. So, there was a competition between merchants to join the delegation. They mainly bought practical items such as bags with lightning magic and mana beads that move magic tools.

Lexion received a call from Gregory and left the castle to meet the delegation. I accompanied him, clinging onto him. I didn’t forget to carefully look around us.

‘You never know when or where an evil dragon will appear and harm Lexion. So we have no choice but to keep an eye on it.’

I was already filled with a sense of duty to protect him.

The preview didn’t explain how he was going to die, so I couldn’t relax at all.

I remembered my conversation with the guide the previous night.

“What if I die?”

―If the main character dies, isn’t that the ending? Do you want to die, traveler?

“Is that how it sounds?”

―You don’t want to die.

Even thinking about the remarks the guide told me last night, I was shocked.

―Do not worry. Your safety is guaranteed until you reach the designated ending.

“It’s a conscientious system. I thought it was a pure scam.”

―I’m not a scammer. Your words are too much.

Since I was confirmed by the guide that I would not die directly, I thought I would act a little more boldly.

‘I feel like I am receiving an invincible buff. I don’t want to be hurt anyway, so I want to be careful, but it’s reassuring.’

Lexion’s sleeves were wrinkled by me clinging onto him. Lexion said softly, perhaps because he misunderstood that I was scared.

“Is it because there are a lot of people?”

“Uh?”

“If it’s hard, I’ll take you back.”