Chapter 16

“…If you don’t go crazy, you won’t be able to survive here.”

“You pathetic bastard.”

Gregory muttered as he hit Lexion hard on the head.

He’s seen a lot of guys go insane because of women, but he didn’t think that one of those guys would be Lexion.

Gregory let out a maid, trembling in the corner.

First of all, it was necessary to persuade her, who knew about everything, and watch her words.

“You didn’t come to the Imperial Palace today.”

“…”

“I was the one who beat him and let’s assume that you went to the demon’s den at my request. That Knox is enough for evidence.”

“Gregory.”

Lexion calmly called out Gregory, who spitted his plan like a rapid-fire gun.

Gregory responded with a pat on the shoulder as if not to worry.

“Even if this bastard wakes up anyway, Tiarozetti is already in your castle, so there won’t be anything to say.”

“…”

“If he doesn’t have any hostages, this guy can’t threaten you. He wouldn’t be able to confess that he kidnapped and imprisoned an innocent person with his own mouth”

“You don’t have to do this. I just…”

Lexion shook his head and grabbed Gregory’s arm.

Gregory was worried about his docile friend who puts him first amid the serious situation.

So he smiled more slyly.

Originally, Lexion’s role was the one Gregory was playing now.

Lexion didn’t fit into that new role of his.

“Don’t force yourself. This is the cleanest way to end it. After all, a nobody who’s an eyesore to the Emperor, adding one more ugly mistake, doesn’t change anything.”

“…”

“Instead, pay off your debts later… Don’t hesitate and just go quickly.”

“…Thank you.”

Lexion gave a quiet answer and walked away.

Only after Lexion was out of sight, Gregory began to loosen his clothes.

Then he suddenly slapped himself on the cheek, and then immediately punched Kronos in the face with his fist.

“Hyaaaa!”

The maid screamed when the brawl that was thought to be over started again.

Gregory then spoke to her.

“You, there.”

“Ye-yes!”

As the trembling maid answered Gregory, he swept up his flowing bangs and gave her an eerie smile.

“I would like it if there’s no talk about today.”

“I- I won’t tell a soul!”

The maid replied immediately.

Her face was tinted with red.

Gregory saw it and smirked.

A maid who blushes in front of an illegitimate child that is infamous for being a playboy.

The solution was quite clear.

From her looks, she looked like a low-ranking aristocratic young girl trying to raise her status by forming ties with a powerful family.