Chapter 39: I've Never Wanted Anything More

The sun had set and the Pogues sat around a fire cooking up some fish the boys had caught. Everyone was laughing and having a good time. JJ walked over and sat down next to Evelyn. He bumped her knee with his gaining her attention. She looked up at the boy with a smile as he nodded his head to the side. She nodded her head back in response as the two stood.

"And where are you two off to?" John B asked raising his eyebrows.

"Oh, we're just uh," JJ said.

"Going on a walk," Evelyn smiled.

"A walk," Sarah repeated making the group laugh.

"Stay safe," Kie said, "I'd say use protection but we're on a deserted island so..."

Evelyn couldn't help but blush as she followed JJ down the beach, the only light was the moon shining from the sky.

"Crazy day, huh?" JJ said breaking the silence.

"I'd definitely say it's up there," Evelyn laughed, "I mean you did almost die."

"Yeah, thanks for saving me," JJ laughed.

"Payback from the time you saved me from drowning," Evelyn said.

JJ stopped walking, turning to face the ocean. Evelyn stopped, standing right beside him.

"We're gonna be here for a while aren't we?" Evelyn asked.

"Yeah," JJ almost whispered, "But is that really a bad thing?"

Evelyn stayed silent as she thought about it. Honestly, it really wasn't a bad thing. She knew that as soon as they got back to Kildare that her parents would send her away. She may never be able to see her friends again, she may never see JJ again. If they stay here on this island, she could at least be with the people she loved. Sure they couldn't stay here forever, but for now she didn't want to worry about that.

"No," she replied, "I don't think it's a bad thing at all."

"E," JJ said turning to the girl and grabbing her hands, "I know we've been through a lot the past several months. I almost died, you almost drowned."

"Don't remind me," Evelyn joked.

"Yet here we are on a beach in paradise," JJ said, "Together. I've tried asking you this before. And it seems like every time I do something happens."

"JJ," Evelyn said stopping him. She know exactly what he was going to say. As much as she wanted it she knew as soon as they left the island it would all fall apart, and she couldn't do that to him. "When we get back home my parents are going to send me away. I don't know when I'll get to see you again if I'll get to see you again."

"Stop," JJ said putting his hands on her face and making her look into his eyes, "None of that matters right now. Whatever your parents decide to do when we get home we'll figure it out. I already told you that I would come and find you."

"I just don't want to start something that we don't know how long will last," Evelyn said.

"It doesn't matter how long it will last. If we wait for the perfect time or for when we have more time it's never going to happen," JJ said, "I've waited long enough for this...and I'm tired of waiting. Aren't you?"

Evelyn knew everything he was saying was right, yet she was so scared to take the step. As soon as her eyes locked into his, all of her worries washed away. It's like nothing mattered anymore. All she wanted was to be with JJ, now and forever. She nodded her head letting him know that she was tired of waiting too.

"So what do ya say..." JJ whispered, "Wanna officially be my girl?"

"I've never wanted anything more," Evelyn smiled as she smashed her lips into his.

Even though they were stranded on a deserted island, she knew everything was going to be okay. She had her friend who she considered family. She had the love of her life by her side and nothing could break them apart.

The end