Chapter 9: Drowning

Hope everyone is love one season 3 so far! I cannot wait to watch it Saturday!

I also might post some more chapter later...depends on how much I write tonight.

Evelyn walked down the stairs knowing Kie would be there any minute to pick her up. They couldn't look for the gun last night because it was dark but today they were determined to find it. Her parents were gone so she didn't have to worry about them questioning where she was going. The doorbell rang and she walked over to the door and opened it.

"Topper?" Evelyn said looking at the boy in front of her.

After everything that happened yesterday she had completely forgotten she had made plans to hangout with Topper. Since he went to the Kook academy and she went to Kildare County High School she wouldn't see him as much.

"You forgot didn't you?" Topper asked examining the look she was giving him.

"Maybe...Okay, I totally did," Evelyn admitted, "Can I get a rain check? Maybe we can hangout later tonight."

"Yeah, yeah. Sure," Topper said.

"I'm sorry I just--"

Evelyn got cut off by Kie pulling into her driveway and honking her horn. JJ got out of the passenger seat looking up at the two talking.

"We just have this important thing," Evelyn said shutting the door behind her, "I promise I'll make it up to you."

"It really is no problem," Topper said, "I'll call you later."

"All right, Sorry again," Evelyn said walking over to Kie's car and getting in the passenger seat.

"Were we interrupting something?" Pope asked.

"No. I just forgot that we'd made plans for today," Evelyn said.

"Hate to keep you from your boyfriend," JJ scoffed.

"He's not my boyfriend," Evelyn glared at JJ.

"Whatever you say," JJ mumbled.

"All right," Kie said trying to diffuse the tension, "Who's ready to go find a missing gun."

"It's definitely not they craziest thing we've ever done," Evelyn said.

--

"This is the north drain. It should've gotten washed into the gully," JJ said as they walked up to the water, "So if it got flushed out from this drain it would've been pushed out to, like--"

"Somewhere in this trash," Pope finished.

"Correct," JJ said.

"Oh my God. People who use plastic should be shot," Kie said looking at all of the trash that was in the water.

"Okay, personally, I love plastic," JJ said pulling up a net out of the water, "Use is everyday. Love the stuff."

"Okay well hopefully, you recycle it and don't let it flush into the ocean," Kie sassed.

"I thought you'd say something like that, so...trash bags," Pope said holding up some trash bags in his hand.

"Did you just proactively protect the environment?" Kie smirked.

"Maybe," Pope smiled at Kie.

"You want us to leave you two alone?" Evelyn asked.

"Yeah what's going on?" JJ asked as Pope threw the trash bags at him.

"Just pick up the trash," Pope said.

Evelyn looked over at Kie who was still grinning from ear to ear. She had no idea what was going on between those two but it was starting to get weird.