Chapter 23: I'm Worried About Her

Since I was home sick today and wrote some chapters. Here's one ☺️

The group hand arrived back at the chateau after giving the tape to Shoupe. Evelyn knew now that it was only a matter of time before Ward was arrested.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Ward Cameron, king of the Kooks, it going to jail!" JJ said as Pope and John B laughed.

"Goodbye! Goodbye!" John B said.

"Adios! He's out of here! Adios!" Pope said.

"Do you regret it?" Kie asked looking at Sarah.

"No," Sarah said shaking her head, "He deserves all of it, and I know that."

"He's still your dad Sarah," Evelyn said.

"Yeah. We get it," Kie agreed, "I'm sure it sucked to be in the middle."

Sarah's phone started ringing and she apologized before getting up to take the call. Evelyn watched her put the phone up to her ear.

"I'm worried about her," Evelyn said turning back to Kie, "You know all this is gotta be killing her inside."

"I'm worried about her too," Kie agreed.

"I'm just glad that all of this is finally gonna be over," Evelyn said, "Maybe life can kind of get back to normal."

Evelyn turned back to look at the boys who were still celebrating inside. A small smile came to her face knowing that things were hopefully coming to and end. Their lives were looking up and nothing could damper the mood.

--

Multiple cop cars sped past on the road in front of them as John B drove the Twinkie toward the Cameron house.

"Shit," Kie whispered.

Evelyn looked around at Kie, Pope, and JJ knowing that this would most likely not end well.

"Oh my God. Can you please hurry?" Sarah said to John B, "I need to be there for Wheezie."

"You think I wanna miss this?" John B asked making Sarah give him a look.

John B pulled up to Sarah house as the group quickly got out of the van.

"Holy shit," Sarah said and the walked up to the concrete wall that was around he property.

"I can't see bro," JJ said pulling Pope back.

"Screw it. I'm going over," John B said hoisting himself over the wall.

"Right behind you," JJ said

"Help me up," Kie said and JJ put his back against the wall and helped her over.

Pope did the same thing helping Sarah climb over the wall.

"Are sure about this?" Evelyn asked looking at Pope and JJ.

"No turning back now," JJ said.

Evelyn shook her head knowing he was right. She walked up placing her foot in his hands allowing him to help her over the wall. She ran after Sarah and Kie trying to catch up.

"Wheezie. Wheezie," Sarah said running toward her younger sister.

"What's going on? Why are the police here again?" Wheezie questioned.

"Go inside. Don't come out," Sarah said.

Wheezie looked worried but listen to her sister and followed Rose back inside.

"I don't have a good feeling about this," Evenly whispered to JJ who was beside her.

"It'll be all right," JJ said grabbing her hand and pulling her to where the others hand gone.

"Dad!" Sarah yelled and the group ran down the dock.

"Hey, hey. You gotta let us through," John B said to the officers.

"That's Sarah Cameron. Let her through!" Shoupe yelled.

"What are you doing here, Sarah?" Ward yelled.

"Dad! What are you doing?" Sarah asked.

Evelyn continued to follow the girl with her hands up in the air.

"Vic, you gotta get her out of here! She can't be here right now!" Ward yelled.

"Just come on in and you... you can talk to her!" Shoupe yelled back.

"Sarah, I'm so sorry, baby. I can't," Ward said.

"What are you doing?" Sarah asked as the anchor started coming out of the water, "Dad, no, no, no!"

"Ward, this ain't gonna end the way you want it to!" Shoupe yelled.

Evelyn watched wide eyes as police boats drove up getting closer and closer to the Druthers.

"You don't need her seeing this," Shoupe said.

"No dad, dont leave! Where are you going?" Sarah screamed.

"I love you! Ward yelled back.

"Hey, Damn it, Ward," Shoupe yelled.

"Dad! No!" Sarah yelled as Ward went into the cabin of the boat.

"Turn around and get back here!" Shoupe said.

"Please don't leave!" Sarah yelled.

Evelyn looked at Sarah with sympathy before looking back at the boat. An explosion on the front of the boat erupted making her gasp. A bigger explosion erupted making Evelyn close her eyes. She felt someone wrap their hands around her waist pulling her back away from it. She quickly opened her eyes looking to see the whole boat in flames.

"Dad. Dad!" Sarah cried.

Evelyn stood there in shock still staring at the boat that was in flames in front of her.

"No! No! Dad!" Sarah cried.

Evelyn looked toward JJ who still had his hand wrapped around her waist. She looked toward Sarah who now had Topper consoling her. Tears filled Evelyn's eyes as she looked down at her friend falling apart in front of her. She so badly wanted to console her but it was like she was glued to the dock underneath her. She couldn't imagine how Sarah felt in this moment. Her dad was on the boat that she had just watched blow up. Yeah Ward was a bad guy, but Sarah didn't deserve to watch him die.

Sorry this chapter was so much shorter than normal! I wanted to finish up episode 6 but did wanted to put all of the in the last chapter.

~A