Chapter 37: I Can't Lose You

Tension and nerves were high inside the container. Evelyn was regretting letting Kie follow Pope and Cleo.

"Attention, all passengers and crew. Report to the tween forward hull," Eberhimi's voice said over the intercom, "Attention, all passengers, all crew, report to the tween forward hull. That's an order. Repeat. All hands and all passengers report to the tween forward hull immediately."

"They did it. They took the bridge," John B said.

"That's our boy," JJ smiled as he and John B removed the cover of the opening, "Once they're all in the hull, E and I will lock them inside."

"I'll find Sarah and get the lifeboat," John B said.

"Then we'll meet you, load the cross and get outta here," Evelyn said.

"Let's roll," JJ said sticking his head out of the opening. JJ climbed out first, followed by John B, and then Evelyn. She took in a deep breath of air finally thankful to be out of the container.

John B split off from them as JJ and Evelyn made their way to the tween forward hull. They found it and were waiting for all of the passengers and crew to get in.

"Psst. How many?" JJ whispered to the girl. Evelyn held up three fingers.

"It's that cross. I'm telling you, it's cursed," one of the men said, "We're making God angry."

JJ held up six fingers totaling the number of people that were in the hull. Evelyn could hear the men questioning where the captain was. She heard more voices to her left. She peaked around the corner seeing a crew member, Rafe, Wheezie, and Rose walking toward the hull. She turned back to JJ holding up four more fingers.

"Where are we going, and where's Dad?" Wheezie questioned.

"I don't know, Wheezie," Rose said.

Evelyn pressed her back flat against the wall behind her. She only hoped that Rafe wouldn't catch on to what was going on. She wouldn't admit it to his face, but he'd always scared the shit out of her.

"That's all of the crew," Evelyn whispered as the last two guys enter the hull.

"Except Ward," JJ whispered back, "We need Ward."

"We can't wait," Evelyn said, she knew they were running out of time.

JJ nodded his head signaling for Evelyn to go. She ran toward the door pushing it shut as fast as she could. JJ placed his arms on either side of her as they both tried to keep the door shut. Evelyn groaned as the men on the other side pushed back.

"Close it, close it," JJ said. The door closed and Evelyn turned the latch.

"Lock it," she said turning to JJ. He slid the lock into place as they heard a man yell on the other side for someone to check the other door.

"There's another door! There's another door!" JJ yelled as he took off running, Evelyn following him. JJ swung the door shut as Evelyn placed her back against it so that he could lock it. Evelyn let a sigh slip from her lips as JJ slid the lock into place on the second door.

"All right, let's go get the cross," JJ said. Evelyn nodded following the boy through the ship. She didn't know exactly why he knew where he was going but she didn't question it.

"Time to jack this loot," JJ said as he climbed down a ladder.

"Yep," Evelyn said following him down the ladder.

"Here she is," JJ said walking up to a wooden box. They moved the blanket that was in the box revealing the cross.

"Surf trip," JJ commented. Evelyn smiled at the boy as the doors above them opened up revealing Pope and Kie standing there.

You Have To Choose |JJ Maybank|Topper Thorntonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें