Chapter 35: B Team

"Nice work, John B. You know these things lock from the outside, right?" JJ said.

"Okay, I was just trying to get us on the boat, JJ," John B said, "I wasn't thinking that far ahead."

"Yeah well now we're stuck in here like rats," JJ complained.

"It's hot," Kie said taking off her coat.

"In this death cage!" JJ finished.

"Okay, JJ, you're not helping," Pope said.

Evelyn closed her eyes trying to breathe. They had been stuck in this container for what felt like twelve hours and it seemed to be getting smaller and smaller as time went on. JJ reminding her that they were in fact locked inside wasn't helping.

"You don't have a lot of room to talk right now, Pope," JJ muttered as he sat back down, "You said you had a plan, but what happened to thinking ahead?"

"I find your lack of self-knowledge disturbing," Pope said.

"Last I checked, you literally shot an oil container with the gat," JJ laughed as he got up in Pope's face.

"Oh my God! Shut up. Shut up!" Kie said sticking her foot in between the two boys, "Pull it together."

"Arguing isn't going to help us get out of here," Evelyn agreed.

"Okay," JJ said turning his back to Pope.

"Let's try to find a way out of here," Pope said.

--

"Hey, Pope, how do you kill a snake?" JJ asked.

"You go for the head," Pope grumbled out.

"Exactly. But the head, in this instance, is the bridge," JJ said, "To take the bridge, we need maximum firepower. And I happen to know that there's an armory on this ship in case of a pirate attack."

"Pirate attacks," Kie whispered to herself.

"So, if we take that, and I'm not just talking pistols," JJ said.

"You lost me," Kie said getting up and walking toward the back of the container.

"I'm talking knives," JJ continued.

"Killing everybody here is not a plan," Kie said stopping in front of JJ.

"Ah, we lost her," JJ said.

"You lost me too. I'm not killing anybody," Evelyn said getting up to follow Kie. Evelyn walked back to Kie, stopping where she stood.

"Hey," Evelyn said.

"Hey," Kie replied. Evelyn turned back to look at JJ talking to the boys about the armory.

"How do we let them drag us into things like this?" Evelyn laughed.

"Because we love them," Kie said, "And the fact that they'd most likely all be dead without us."

Evelyn laughed as Kie stepped forward.

"Hey, can you help me move this?" Kie asked gesturing to something wrapped in plastic wrap. Evelyn held out her hands as Kie handed her the item. She turned around placing it behind her. Turning back around she saw Kie looking at an opening. The two girls gave each other knowing looks.

"Guys," Kie said being ignored by the house arguing.

"Guys!" Evelyn said.

"Just relax," Pope said to JJ as Kie gestured them over, "They've got something. Quiet."

"Oh, I'm so sorry," JJ said.

"Just move with them," John B said.

"We can fit through that, yeah?" Kie ask John B as he stood beside her.