Chapter 11: I Miss Her

Here's an update since I probably won't be able to update tomorrow! I'm gonna be binge watching season 3 😍
~A

Evelyn walked through the front door at Topper's house. She didn't know what he had planned so she swung by her house and changed into a cropped tank with athletic shorts.

"Top!" Evelyn called out.

"In the kitchen," Topper yelled back.

Evelyn made her way into the kitchen seeing Topper pull some pizza rolls out of the oven.

"Mmm pizza rolls, my favorite," Evelyn said.

"Why do you think I made them?" Topper laughed, "Figured you were probably hungry."

"Topper I'm always hungry," Evelyn joked.

"That's why I made pizza rolls," Topper said.

Evelyn walked over to the pan that Topper had sat down on the counter and picked up a pizza roll.

"Careful they're hot," Topper warned.

"Duh you just took them out of the over. But as a pizza roll lover, I have a trick," Evelyn claimed.

"Oh please do show," Topper said.

Evelyn took the pizza roll and bit off part of a corner and then flipped it biting off the corner diagonal to the one she bit off.

"Then you just blow into it for a minute or so and voila, perfect temperature pizza roll that won't burn your mouth," Evelyn smiled.

Topper laughed at the girl in front of him.

"What?" Evelyn questioned.

"Nothing," Topper shook his head.

"No, tell me," Evelyn said.

"You're just cute when you explain things," Topper said.

A small blush appeared on Evelyn's face, "Mr. Thornton...did you just call me cute?"

It was Toppers turn to blush, "No... I that's not what I mean..."

"Oh so you don't think I'm cute then?" Evelyn pouted.

"No you are cute... I just.. I meant,"

"Relax Top. I was joking," Evelyn said stopping his rambling.

Topper let out a nervous laugh as the girl continued to eat her pizza roll. After all of the pizza rolls were eaten, Evelyn was stuffed.

"So," Evelyn said, "What do you want to do now?"

"We could watch a movie," Topper suggested.

"I think if I watched a movie right now I'd pass out in the first ten minutes," Evelyn said, "Let's do something else."

"We could go for a swim," Topper said.

"I didn't bring a swimsuit," Evelyn said.

"When has that ever stopped us before?" Topper asked.

Evelyn looked at Topper to see a smirk on his face. Her body tensed as she knew exactly what was going through his mind.

"Topper," Evelyn said, "Don't you even think about it."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Topper said slowly walking toward the girl.

"Topper don't," Evelyn said.

Topper dove toward Evelyn who started running the opposite way around the island. She knew that if Topper caught her it would be over. She glanced back toward the boy which was a big mistake because he caught her around the waist and pulled her over his shoulder.