4

Harry walked into the hospital on monday, smiling like a sun.
He changed and put his hair up before he headed to the room, in which him and Louis worked.
He bit his lip before he entered.
"Good morning." he greeted Louis cheerfully, expecting something similar in return.
"Morning." Louis answered grumpily.
Harry brushed it off. He thought Louis was just in a bad mood because he couldn't sleep at night or something like that.

He probably wasn't though... Louis behaved the same as he always did while working with Harry.
When lunch break came, Harry walked over to Louis.
"Are you going to the cafeteria?" he asked hopefully.
"No, I am good." Louis kept searching for something on his computer.
"Okay." Harry left. He didn't dare not to smile inside of the room. He put the mask down only when he closed the door behind himself.

Harry was munching on his food when he noticed that Louis entered the cafeteria.
He was sitting alone at one of the tables, hoping Louis would join him. Louis bought his usual turkey sandwich before he looked around the room for a place to sit. He headed in the opposite direction from Harry and joined Dr. Payne at the table.

"Louiiiiis." Liam smiled at him.
"Liam." Louis didn't smile back.
"How have you been?" Liam asked as per usual.
"I screwed my intern." Louis mumbled.
"You what?!" Liam's eyes went wide.
"We hooked up in my car." Liam's jaw fell down.
"Are you joking?"
"No, I am not." Louis rolled his eyes, annoyed by Liam's actions.
"Now he probably thinks I like him or something." Louis glanced at Harry carefully.
Liam didn't care about being careful, so he turned around to look at him properly. Harry sat there alone, looking crestfallen.
"Don't you like him?" Liam frowned while turning back towards Louis.
"Of course not, Liam!"
"Why would you hook up with him then?" Liam took a sip of his tea.
"Maybe 'cause I was quite drunk and he was just sitting in my car-" Louis sighed.
"Louis..." Liam sighed.
"You know what you should do, so what do you want me to say?"
"I don't want to talk to him about it." Louis groaned internally.
"You should. If you were all cold, then you did all that and now you behave as cold as before... it must be hurtful and confusing for him. So just tell him straight up that it was a mistake if you feel like it. Have to go. We have a surgery planned soon." Louis smiled forcefully before Liam got up and walked away.

Louis stared directly at Harry from across the room for a bit of time.
"Just talk to him, right? It's not that hard." he got up and walked over to the curly guy.

Louis took a few deep breaths in and out before he joined him at the table.
Harry looked up into his eyes with a look of a hurt doe, but he didn't say a single thing.
Louis felt really uncomfortable in that situation.
"I just want to tell you that it was a mistake. Let's pretend it didn't happen. It's for the better." Harry's heart sank.
"Be back in time." Louis got up and left him there alone.
He walked through the hospital with furrowed brows as he replayed his last weekend in front of his eyes.

Harry realized how naive he was for thinking that Louis actually liked him.

Harry decided to forget it and keep it all precessional between the two of them. It was the best thing he could do.
He arrived early on Tuesday.
When Louis arrived as well, he was going through some files on his computer.
"Good morning. You were early." Louis told him.
"Early bird gets the worm." Harry answered while still scrolling through those files.
Louis sat down while staring at him. Harry didn't turn towards him once.
He kept it highly professional between them, which Louis probably should have liked, but he didn't.
He tried to give Harry a small smile from time to time but Harry didn't smile back once.

The time was passing by so quickly that Louis didn't even realize half of Harry's internship was basically done.
They headed to the changing room at the same time after their friday shift.
Louis received a message when he finished changing.

Liam: Just call me later.
Louis: Ok

Louis closed his locker and took a look at Harry who was still standing by his locker.
Louis came closer towards him, trying to keep his cool.
Harry tried to ignore the fact that Louis was so close to him.
When Harry locked his locker he turned towards him finally. Louis stood there with his car keys in hand. He reached out with that hand, offering the keys to Harry.
"Wanna drive?" Harry looked at the Audi logo before he looked up to meet Louis' eyes.
He slowly took the keys from him.
"You have car insurance, right?" Harry asked.
"Of course." Harry nodded before he headed towards the door with Louis by his side.
They left the hospital together and maybe Liam saw them from the cafeteria, where he was enjoying his afternoon tea.

Louis got into the passenger's seat, enjoying that he could be driven around once again.
"Where are we going?" Harry asked and Louis shrugged in response.
"Wherever you would like to." Harry thought Louis would suggest his place.
"Okay." he pulled out of the parking lot.
As they got onto the main road Louis spoke up.
"I'm sorry about being like that." Harry just kept his mouth shut, waiting for Louis to say something proper.
"I just-" Louis glanced at Harry to be mesmerized by the view. He tried to push it away all this time, but the truth was that he liked Harry ever since he saw him for the first time. He was acting that cold towards him because he knew he couldn't date again. That was what Louis thought, he thought it was forbidden for him.

Harry glanced at him momentarily when he kept quiet for a while.
"My fiancé had cheated on me with some twink all those years back." Louis took his gaze out of the car.
"And I told myself that I am done, that I can't be with anyone ever again. I thought I'd just live by myself and focus on work." Harry decided to speak up for the first time.
"That's the last thing that you need to focus on." Harry was still reserved towards him.
"How long have you two been together?" he asked after a minute of silence.
"Five years." Louis glanced at him before he looked out of the window again, feeling few restless tears in his eyes.
"And how long have you been alone?" Harry asked next.
"Over four years."
Harry took his hand towards Louis' lap and grabbed his hand into his.
Louis looked at their hands before he took his gaze out on the road.

"So I just- panicked when we hooked up. But the truth is that I like you. I think I always have." Louis swallowed hardly before taking his eyes back to Harry.
"I just tried to resist it for as long as I could." Louis rubbed Harry's hand with his thumb.

Harry drove out of the city, going somewhere Louis didn't know.
Louis didn't care though. All he cared about was that he finally talked properly to someone. He didn't even care that Harry didn't tell him if he liked him. He felt relaxed and relieved.

Harry got off the main road, driving towards a bunch of trees in middle of nowhere. He parked the car under the trees before he turned towards Louis. He rested his head against the seat of the car, just staring at the older guy in the passenger's seat.
"You know, I am just really glad you finally talked to me." Harry smiled at him, feeling much more relaxed as well.
"And that you told me about your feelings." Louis smiled for a spilt of second. He wasn't used to this anymore.

"Where are we?" Louis asked.
"Somewhere private." Harry bit his lip as he smiled back at Louis.
"I thought so." Louis chuckled as he nodded to himself.
Harry got out of the car, Louis copying his actions.
He came over to Louis' side of the car and kissed the corner of his mouth before he grabbed his hands in his.
"Harry-" Louis looked away.
"What?" Harry asked.
"Don't you mind the age difference?"
"I don't even know your exact age." Harry tried to move on from that topic.
"Well, I know yours and I can count... the gap is 8 years."
"Does it bother you?" Harry asked seriously this time.
"Me? No, it doesn't bother me."
"It doesn't bother me either. The only thing that bothers me is that you are really hot." Harry let go of Louis' hands before he pulled him closer by the loops in his jeans.
"Oh wow. Someone is definitely horny here." Louis was right. Harry already managed to sport a semi.

"Aren't you ashamed of yourself?" Louis squeezed Harry's ass in his hands.
"Not really. You just have this effect on me."
"Let's do something about it then." Louis pulled away, opening the door to the backseats of his black Audi.

——————————————————————————————
A/N
Hi loves. I have been watching The Good Doctor so blame the topic on that. This is the part of the story that was also published as a one shot and there is more to come!
Don't forget to eat and drink!
Love you! x