10

Chapter 10: Selling Orchids

They walked into the teacher's house familiarly, and the master was sitting under the tree to enjoy the shade with the little brother who was only a few months old. Seeing Xiaobao, she hurriedly asked him to go in to find the master.
"

Master, master." Xiaobao called while carrying the basket and rushed into the house.
"It's not proper to yell." Teacher Li put down the brush, turned around and scolded Zhang Xiaobao angrily, and was about to teach a few more words, when his eyes were attracted by the orchid in his hand.
"Jin Xinglan!" Stepped over to Xiaobao's side, grabbed the basket, and put it on it regardless of the words just written on the desk, admiring obsessively.
"Master, is this flower called Venus Orchid? How much can it sell for?" Seeing his master's appearance, Zhang Xiaobao guessed that this flower must be very rare, otherwise his master wouldn't look like this.
Teacher Li turned around and gave Zhang Xiaobao a chestnut, "How much is it worth? This Venus orchid can be estimated with money. Back then, a close friend of my master also had such a plant, but the quality was not as good as this one. Look at the well-proportioned leaf network, look at the budding flowers, and the fragrance."
Zhang Xiaobao's head was full of black lines, "Master, it's not that you don't know what's going on in my house, the flowers are naturally sold well, you can give me an estimate!"
"You..." Teacher Li still wanted to preach, and then thought of his apprentice's family. It is true that growing flowers is not as good as selling flowers. After he calmed down, he returned to normal, and asked Xiaobao to come to the desk before explaining.
Venus orchid, named because the stamens and lace are golden, and the golden edge will glow at night. This kind of orchid is extremely rare, likes shade and needs sunshine. There is no specific growth area. It may grow on cliffs or in A certain cave may also grow in that forest.
Only five of this kind of orchids have been found in recent years, one of which is in the home of a close friend of Mr. Li, one is in the botanical garden in Beijing as the treasure of the town garden, and the other three are abroad.
Seeing such a plant suddenly now, no wonder Mr. Li is so excited.
"As for the price, I'm not sure. I'll tell you when I call the master. By the way, where did you dig this orchid?" Teacher Li looked at the bud obsessively.
"It's in the bamboo forest next to my house." Zhang Xiaobao's heart skipped a beat when he heard that the price was incalculable.
Teacher Li suddenly raised his head and looked at Zhang Xiaobao, in disbelief, "That bamboo forest next to your house?" Because the sound was too high, the sound was broken.
Nodding honestly, "It's in the bamboo forest next to my house."
After being stunned for a long time, Teacher Li finally came back to his senses, looked up and down at Zhang Xiaobao, but didn't see anything! This luck is simply against the sky.
"Master, don't you know how to grow orchids? How about..." Before he finished speaking, Teacher Li interrupted him with a wave of his hand.
"These flowers are too precious, and I will never ask for them." Although he wanted it very much, he didn't have much money to buy it. He knew the conditions of Xiaobao's family, and the child himself would go to high school in the future. University, so it is better to sell this flower.
Zhang Xiaobao quickly shook his head, "Master, you misunderstood. I mean, since you like orchids, you can grow orchids. Why don't you keep two sprouts and raise them yourself? Isn't it more fulfilling than growing the ones that have bloomed?"
To grow flowers, you need to grow flowers to bloom. Those who really love to grow flowers choose from the seedlings, and then grow the best flowers. This is the real way to grow flowers.
"Sprouts, where are they?" Teacher Li's eyes suddenly lit up, staring at Zhang Xiaobao with the feeling of being blinded.
Touching his nose, he gently removed the layer of velvet grass and bamboo leaves on the top of the basket, revealing eight delicate sprouts inside.
"One, two, three... seven, eight, hiss! Eight, they are actually eight sprouts. Look at the vigorous ones, they will definitely be able to be transplanted successfully." Teacher Li looked at the eight sprouts and almost danced. stand up.
"Wait a minute, I'll call master right away." Teacher Li became the principal of the school the year before last. got a phone.
The other end of the phone was quickly connected, and Mr. Li asked if the master was there, and the other end knew that he was calling.
Speaking of Mr. Li’s master, Mr. Chen, he was a leading figure in the academic world. He studied abroad in his early years and worked in a research institute after returning to China. Later, the country was in turmoil, because the experience of studying abroad was judged as bad, and he was very popular. After some hard work, he is now serving as the honorary principal of Tsinghua University, and occasionally gives lectures.
Zhang Xiaobao didn't know about this until last year, because Mr. Chen contacted Mr. Li last year. He had settled Mr. Li's troubles and established a good relationship. Mr. Li's job position can be transferred at any time, but Mr. Li is reluctant to go to school, so Never left.
After exchanging a few pleasantries, Teacher Li went straight to the point, telling the master that he saw a superb Venus orchid here, and asked the master if anyone bought it.
There was another burst of unbelievable questions, followed by affirmative answers, and finally the other end believed that there was the appearance of the top-quality Jinxinglan, and then asked Mr. Li to take Jinxinglan to the capital immediately.
If it weren't for Mr. Chen who doesn't like to ride in a car now that he is too old, maybe he would have come here by himself.
"Xiaobao, you are going to become a landlord." Teacher Li hung up the phone, was stunned, and then said to Zhang Xiaobao.
"Ah?" Xiaobao looked at Teacher Li suspiciously.
"Ah, what, this Venus orchid, your master said it was worth at least one million, maybe more. As for these sprouts, each one is at least one hundred thousand, how about it? Do you want to give it to the master now?" Teacher Li joked behind He said, anyway, when he heard that a sprout was worth 100,000 yuan, he made up his mind not to want it.
one million? Zhang Xiaobao opened his mouth halfway. In this day and age, there are few households with ten thousand yuan. How could he become a millionaire all of a sudden?
After a long time, Xiaobao came back to his senses, and then remembered the last words of the master, and immediately nodded, "Master, you pick the two best sprouts, and then choose two to give to the master." After thinking for a while, "Master, please help me choose one, and sell the rest."
Teacher Li was really amazed this time. If he said to give him two sprouts before, it was because Xiaobao didn't know the value of the sprouts, but now he knows that one sprout is at least 100,000, two One is 200,000, and he still gave it without hesitation, especially when he asked him to give two to the master who had never met before. With the mind and courage of the apprentice, the future achievements are also limitless.
In fact, Xiaobao is not as good as Teacher Li thought. If he hadn't died once, he would not be so generous, and he also knew that without Teacher Li and Mr. Chen, he would never be able to sell at a high price.
"Master was just joking with you. I also asked Master to sell this sprout to you." Teacher Li shook his head and said.
Zhang Xiaobao said with a smile: "Master, if I sell this orchid and three sprouts, I will become a millionaire, and I will have more money in the future, but this orchid will be gone after I sell it, so I will be my apprentice." A little bit of filial piety, you just accept it.” Too much money is a number, and there is a saying that it is hard to buy a good heart with money, since you have money and meet a good heart again, why lose your good heart just to increase a few numbers .
In his previous life, he was poor, and then he enjoyed it. In the end, he lost his life at a young age and was reborn. Although he eagerly wanted to make money to change the fate of his family and his parents to enjoy the blessings, he would not lose his heart for money.
"Okay, then the master has the audacity to accept it." After finishing speaking, he ran to the garden to look for flowerpots, looking for this, looking for that, but he couldn't find one that he was satisfied with for a long time. It was not because he thought it was not exquisite enough and would ruin the whole of Venus Orchid. The aesthetic feeling is that it is not good enough, not worthy of Jinxinglan.
Seeing this behavior, Zhang Xiaobao was speechless, so he put him in a basket, not a violent act. As soon as he said this, Teacher Li rewarded him with another chestnut.
It happened to be summer vacation, Teacher Li simply took Zhang Xiaobao to the capital, first to take him to meet the master, and second to take him out to broaden his horizons.
As for Zhang's parents and Zhang's mother, Teacher Li spoke up, and of course they agreed with both hands and feet.
It's just that they didn't know Zhang Xiaobao's real purpose of going there with Teacher Li. Teacher Li thought that Xiaobao had said it, and Zhang's parents and mothers would not ask the reason at all as long as Teacher Li said it.