9

𝑺𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝑴𝒚 𝑪𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒓 ~ 𝑮𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒛, 𝑲𝒂𝒍𝒊 𝑼𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒔

"Tomorrow, the day is yours. Do with it what you like", Rusty said.

They were all sat on different couches in the living room of Reuben's house. There was a model of the vault on the glass table I'm front of them.

"Call is at 5:30: make up and costume. Saul's package arrives at 7:05. Linus grabs our codes. All goes well, we're a go. 7:30 Yen gets locked in. We're committed. From this point we have 30 minutes to block the power or he suffocates" , he explained.

"Once the electricity goes, all access points to the vault and its elevator will automatically shut down fro two minutes. That's when we make our move", Rusty finished and everyone nodded as they focused on their plan.

As they all went back to the factory they set up everything and tried what they were supposed to do the day of the heist inside the vault. Yen got locked in and everyone waited for him to show them what he had practiced.

As he got out, Rusty walked in with two cans of Pepsi in his hands.

"Okay, it puts you in the middle of the room, ten feet from everything. You have to get from there to the door without touching the floor. What do you do?", Rusty said as he reached the others. He moved to stand in the back beside Amanda, then he handed her one of the cans and they both took a sip from it.

"Ten says he shorts it", Turk said.

"20", Livingston and Frank said at the same time.

Yen did the jump and successfully landed without falling, holding a big proud smile on his face.

Frank hummed impressed as everyone started clapping. Rusty held his Pepsi between his chin and his neck trying not to make it fall while he was clapping and as she saw that, Amanda just chuckled while shaking her head.

"Window or aisle, boys?", Basher asked as he entered the factory. Everyone turned to look at him only to find him covered in...shit.

"Yeah, we're in deep shit", he said sarcastically seeing their disgusted looks.

"That Poxy demo crew haven't used a coaxial to batten the main line, have they? They've only nosed up the mainframe couplet, nosed it right up!", Basher exclaimed before removing his sweater after he sat down in front of everyone.

"Do you understand any of this?", Reuben asked.

"I'll explain later", Livingston answered.

"Listen, they're so ponied that they've gone and blown the backup grid one by one like dominoes", Basher said frustrated.

"Basher, what happened?", Danny asked him calmly.

"They did the same what I would have done, only they did it by accident. Problem is now they know their weakness and they're sorting it out. They're fixing it", Basher explained.

"So...?", Danny asked.

"So unless we intend to do this job in Reno, we're in barney", Basher said but everyone looked at him confused.

"Barney rubble- trouble!", he said frustrated.

Danny looked at Rusty and Amanda humming before speaking up.

"We could always-", he started saying but got interrupted.

"By tomorrow?", Rusty said as he and Amanda both shook their heads.

"Hang on a minute. Hang on. We could use a pinch", suddenly Basher said making everyone turn to look at him again confused.

"What's a "pinch"?", Danny asked breaking the awkward silence.

"A pinch is a device which creates, like, a cardiac arrest for any broadband electrical circuitry", suddenly Amanda spoke up answering before Basher, which was looking at her with a smirk. Everyone turned to look at her with a confused look.

"How do you know that?", Danny asked her furrowing his brows.

"I've...seen it before, kind of", she replied muttering the last part.

"Well a pinch is like a bomb, but without the bomb. See, when a nuclear weapon detonates, it unleashes an electromagnetic pulse which shuts down any power source within its blast radius", Basher started explaining.

"Now, that tends not to matter in most cases because the nuclear weapon usually destroys everything you might need power for anyway, but, see, a pinch creates a similar electromagnetic pulse but without the fuss of mass destruction and death. So instead of Hiroshima, you'd be getting the 17th century", Basher finished.

"For how long?", Danny asked.

"About 30 seconds", Basher replied.

"Could a pinch knock out the power of an entire city? Like for instance-", Danny started saying and Basher finished for him.

"Las Vegas? Yeah, I think it might", Basher said with a proud smirk, "but there's only one pinch in the world but enough to manage it", Basher explained.

"Where?", Danny asked.

"The California Institute of Advanced Science", Amanda said with the same smirk that was forming on Basher's face.

"Great", Linus muttered.

"Alright, I'll leave this to you big boys, I'm back at the hotel to rest a bit. See you tomorrow", Amanda said before getting out of the factory.

"Alright, I'll go with Basher, Yen, Linus, Turk and Virgil. Everyone else can go rest too, back at the hotel", Danny said and everyone nodded.

"I'll stay here to check the last things with the vault", Frank announced.

"I'll stay too", Livingston said and Danny looked at Saul who just nodded indicating that he was staying too.

"Alright, let's go", Danny said and the people he nominated before nodded quickly getting up and hurrying out of the factory.

Everyone else went back to work, but Reuben noticed Rusty looking at the door from time to time and quickly understood what was going on in his mind.

"Go, I'll stay here and watch everything", he told Rusty who looked at him confused.

"No, it's okay-", Rusty tried to say but got interrupted.

"Listen, don't let the past screw everything and take a risk. Just go, okay?", Reuben told him seriously.

"Alright, thank you", Rusty said truthfully before quickly rushing out of the factory and driving off with his car to the hotel.

A/N: the next few chapters are gonna be flashbacks, I'm so excited!!  I hope you're all doing good and I hope you're enjoying this story by far.

Love you all 3000♡