12

𝑨𝒕 𝑳𝒂𝒔𝒕 ~ 𝑬𝒕𝒕𝒂 𝑱𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔

14 years earlier,
Las Vegas

It was 1987 and the three thieves had been working together for one year. It turned out that Reuben was right and Amanda was actually a great addition to the team.

That year Danny was 26, Rusty was 23 and Amanda was 22. They had been really close, especially Amanda and Rusty. Danny quickly noticed the looks the two gave each other and decided to talk Rusty into telling Amanda his feelings.

It was a calm and peaceful night. Amanda Ocean was sitting at the edge of the pool in the garden of Reuben's house. She had her legs crossed as she sipped some whiskey directly from the bottle while she looked at the water.

Suddenly she felt someone sitting beside and she looked at her side seeing Rusty. He was already looking at her smiling softly.

"I thought that you would have enjoyed some company", he said.

"Thank you", she simply replied as she looked back at the calm water of the pool. She slowly leaned her head on his shoulder and Rusty tried to keep his composure as he felt his cheeks heat up.

They stayed like that for a while before Rusty eventually spoke up.

"Do you wann go for a drive?", he asked looking down at her.

"I would love to", she said lifting her head from his shoulder to look at him. He slowly stood up and offered his hand to her. She smiled at him and took his hand as he helped her up. They started walking out of the house and towards Rusty's car.

Amanda sat in the passenger seat while Rusty sat in the driver's one. He started the engine and started driving through the bright streets of Las Vegas.

As he kept driving Amanda reached out her hand and put a song on the radio before leaning back on the seat.

At Last by Etta James started playing and Amanda softly hummed the lyrics of the song as she looked at the busy streets of the city.

Rusty looked at her from time to time as he drove. The reflections of the bright lights made her green eyes light up and he noticed just then the small glimpses of brown in them.

As the song came to an end Rusty stopped the car and parked it. Amanda looked at him with a confused look before looking out. Rusty watched as her eyes lit up and a smile made its way on her face.

He got out of the car and before she could do anything he quickly went to her side of the car and opened the door for her. He helped he rout and she placed her hand in his as they walked.

They both looked at the Bellagio fountain in front of them. There were many people taking photos and videos of the water show taking place there. There was a free spot near the railing in front of the fountain so Rusty lead her there.

They both leaned on the railing looking at the water being shot up in the air. Amanda looked in awe at the water show with a big smile, looking like a kid in front of a candy store.

"It's beautiful", she muttered as she kept looking forward.

"Yeah, it is...", he murmured softly but he wasn't looking at the fountain. Amanda felt his gaze on her and slowly turned around.

"Wow. Really smooth, Ryan", she commented playfully with a small smile, using his surname in a sarcastic way.
He simply chuckled and she did the same before speaking up again.