10

𝑨𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝑩𝒐𝒚 ~ 𝑬𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆, 𝑲𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒆 𝑾𝒆𝒔𝒕

18 years earlier,
New York

The busy streets of New York were really crowded. It was an hot and sunny day in New York but that didn't stop the people from going out, not even Daniel Ocean. It was 1983 and the young thief was only 22 years old.

He lived in a small apartment in Queens with his father, Christopher Ocean, and his two younger sisters, Amanda and Debbie. Debbie was the youngest of the three, she was only 16 but she already had a strong personality. Amanda was 18, four years younger than Danny. She not only had a great personality, but she also was becoming a great thief just like her father and big brother.

Their mother died when Danny was 14, Amanda was 10 and Debbie was 8. Her name was Kate Davis, she had changed her surname in Ocean after marrying Christopher. After the two started dating, it didn't take long for Kate to understand what Christopher's real job was and he soon decided to be honest with her.

In fact he wasn't just a normal thief, he was one of the greatest thieves in America and probably also in the rest of the world. Kate really loved him and so he loved her immensely, but she wasn't happy with what he did, so he made a deal with her not to be a thief anymore. At first everything seemed to be okay, but Kate quickly noticed that Christopher wasn't really happy, so she agreed that he could still be a thief, but he had to be as careful as ever and never hurt anyone.

As the years passed the two finally got married and soon Kate found out that she was pregnant with their first child. When the baby was born they decided to call him Daniel Ocean and as they saw the way his eyes shined as they held him in their arms for the first time, they knew that they were gonna love him unconditionally.

Growing up Danny was a really curious and intelligent kid, more than the others. When he was 4 years old his little sister Amanda was born. They both were really similar, in the way they looked and in they way they acted. Two years after Amanda's birth Deborah Ocean was born. The three kids got along really well together, even if they had different ages. When they were grown up enough, so around 6 years old, their father started teaching them some of his tricks.

Kate wasn't really happy at first that her husband was basically teaching their kids how to be thieves, but she saw how their eyes lit up with joy everytime their father taught them something new, so she agreed to let him keep doing it, as long as he was always careful.

The Ocean family wasn't the most normal family you could think of, but they surely were one of the happiest. Well, that was until Kate got sick and everything started to slowly fall apart.

She died in 1975 at the age of 43. Danny, Amanda and Debbie were just kids when it happened, but they always remembered that day as one of the saddest days of their lives. After their mother's death their father tried to do his best to make everything go back to normal, but his kids knew that he was changed.

He never managed to move on, or to actually be the same that he was before, but he was always a loving father to his children. As they got older they started to become really good in... well being in thieves. Thanks to their father's teachings they started getting really close to being at the same level as Christopher and he couldn't have been more proud. But he wasn't entirely happy.