8

𝑵𝒐 𝑫𝒊𝒈𝒈𝒊𝒕𝒚 ~ 𝑩𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒕, 𝑫𝒓. 𝑫𝒓𝒆, 𝑸𝒖𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝑷𝒆𝒏

"Okay, tell us about Benedict", Rusty told Linus. They were all sitting in the hotel lobby. They had ordered a few drinks waiting for Saul and the Malloy brothers to enter the building and pass them.

"That guy's a machine", Linus replied, "he arrives at the Bellagio every day at 2 p.m. , same car, same driver. He remembers every valet's name on the way in. Not bad for a guy worth three quarters of a billion. Offices are upstairs. He works hard, hits the lobby floor at 7:00 on the nose", he kept explaining while Rusty and Amanda exchanged a look before they all stood up and started walking through the hotel.

"Spends three minutes on the floor with his casino manager", Linus said as they walked.

"What do they talk about?", Amanda asked as she sipped her drink.

"All business. Benedict likes to know what's going on in his casinos, likes to be in control. There's rarely an incident he doesn't know about or handle personally. Spends a few minutes glad-handing the high rollers. He's fluent in Spanish, German and Italian, and he's taking Japanese lessons. He's getting pretty good at it", Linus explained and as they walked Rusty took a glass with shrimps from one of the waiters.

"He's out by 7:30 when an assistant hands him a black portfolio. Contents: the day's take and new security codes. Then he heads to the restaurant", Linus said. Just in that moment Benedict passed the three of them as he was heading to the restaurant. Amanda eyed him carefully, studying his posture and the way he walked determinedly. She immediately understood that he was going to be hard to fool.

"Like I said... a machine", Linus commented and Amanda couldn't agree more.

"That portfolio contains the codes to all the cage doors?", Rusty asked Linus before taking a shrimp. Linus hummed in response before speaking up.

"And two minutes after they've been changed, he's got 'em in his hand", Linus explained. As they kept eyeing their target Amanda slipped an hand into Rusty's glass and took a shrimp, when he noticed he just gave her a look and she simply smirked.

"I tell you, you guys really can pick 'em", Linus commented with a nervous sigh and Amanda chuckled.

"This guy is smart as he is ruthless. The last guy they caught cheating in here, he not only sent him up for ten years, but he the bank seize his house, and then he bankrupted-", Linus tried to say with a nervous tone but he got interrupted before he could finish his nervous rambling.

"His brother-in-law's tractor dealership. I heard", Rusty finished for him with a playful smirk.

"He doesn't just take out your knees. The guy goes after your livelihood and the livelihood of anybody you ever met", Linus said nervously looking around. Amanda looked at Linus as she took another shrimp from Rusty's glass, ignoring his look.

"What? You scared? I thought I taught you better", she said smirking and Linus looked at her. She could see Rusty's confused look but decided to ignore it.

"You suicidal?", Linus replied looking at her and she simply smirked.

"You know me, only in the morning", she said as the smirk kept playing on her lips.