11

𝑹𝑶𝑳𝑬 𝑴𝑶𝑫𝑬𝑳 ~ 𝑩𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑭𝒂𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒛

15 years earlier,
Las Vegas

It had been three years since Danny had been living in Las Vegas at Reuben's house. Like the latter had promised, he trained the young thief into becoming great in his job and quickly started working doing a few heists from time to time.

A few months after Danny's arrival in Las Vegas someone else joined him, it was the blonde guy he had always seen through the streets of New York. The guy's name was Robert Ryan, but everyone called him Rusty.

Like Danny had thought, Rusty was also a young thief and Reuben decided to "recruit" him too, bringing him to Las Vegas aswell.

The two eventually started working together, but they still did some jobs alone.

The year was 1986, Danny was 25 while Rusty was 22. They lived in Reuben's big villa and everything was going well. They were starting to get a known name in the stealth field and they loved it.

It was a calm and quiet night when Rusty decided to get out a bit. The air was fresh and the dark sky was almost lit up by the blinding lights of the city. Rusty drove in his new car through the street of Las Vegas. He had bought that car after a heist he had done with Danny a few weeks earlier. Danny kept teasing him saying that the car wasn't really cool, but Rusty loved it so he didn't care.

They had spent the last weeks making sure that the heist went well and that everything had gone to plan. The heist wasn't really big, but it worked quite well and without any problem.

So now Rusty had finally some time to spend to go out and have some fun. He was heading to a club not too far from Reuben's house, but far enough that he had to go there with his car. Not that he minded thought, he loved driving through the bright streets of Las Vegas during the night.

He arrived a while later at the club and parked outside. He walked inside and made his way to the bar. He ordered a glass of scotch and sat at a one of the bar stools. As the bartender gave him his drink he immediately took a sip, resting his arms on the counter.

Suddenly someone else sat beside him. He turned around and his jaw almost dropped. The woman that sat beside was simply beautiful. She had light brown that fell softly on her shoulders. She was wearing a black dress that left her shoulder bare. It was quite long and reached just a bit above her knees, hugging her body perfectly. She was wearing matching black heels and she had a silver necklace around her neck.

"A glass of whiskey, please", she said to the bartender that quickly started preparing the drink. Her velvet voice was calm and it made Rusty even more attracted by the woman in front of him. She didn't look much younger than him, so she must have been in her twenties.

Rusty couldn't move his gaze from her and it didn't take the woman long to notice it. She simply smirked still looking forward as the bartender gave her the whiskey. She took a sip before speaking up while still looking forward.

"You know, if you keep staring I might just make you pay for it", she said turning around to look at Rusty as a smirk played on her lips.

"I- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stare", Rusty quickly said chucking softly before speaking again.

"I've never seen you before around here, are you new in Las Vegas?", Rusty asked before taking another sip of his drink. Rusty was a really careful guy. He always wanted to know what happened in the city, to be sure that they could always be okay. So he quickly noticed that her face was new there.