Trichy

"pesama Swetha va kathir ku kalyanam panni vekkalama???"she broke the ice.

Pandian remained silent when he heard those words. Dhanam continued"ava kathir ku perfect match mama...ellarkitayum easy ah mingle ava...Namma Mela yellam avalo mariyadha..Namma kudumbathuku seriyana ponnu...."she stressed those words in slower yet stronger tone.

Meena got her attention "en ka nenga inda kudumbathuku seriyana ponnu illaya??"to which dhanam replied"mama nenga sollunga badhila...."she asked Murthy to answer.

For the first time ever Murthy was asked to think on his own..aiyayoo naan ah??enna solradhu ippo...vazhkama aama dhanam dhan en dialogue..ippo enna solla...while he was murmuring dhanam called him to which he gave a blank reaction.

She was glaring at him and his mouth trembled to say a word which made kanna and Meena to laugh at his reactions.

"Dhanam sonna seriya dhan irukum..."he answered out of the blue to avoid his angry wife.

"Idhuku aama dhanamey..  Mel.."kanna whispered to Meena who was controlling her smile. Coming back to the topic,dhanam urged pandian to give a thought about kathir Swetha marriage proposal.

"Mama kathir oda vazhka mukiyam...adan ivalo solren..."she told confidently but pandian didn't say a word.

Finding it strange dhanam asked pandian to give an answer"mama edhachum sollunga..."

Sitting straight, pandian voice echoed sternly in the home "kathir oda vazhka decide panna unnaku enna ma urumai iruku??"

Kanna clapped silently to those words while dhanam was taken aback by the statement. "Pa... enna pesuringa??"Murthy lost his patience.

"Seriya dhan pesuren....idhu kathir oda vazhka Avan dhan mudivu pannanum...solla pona ennaku kuda urumai illa....vayasu paiyan vazhka da idhu...avanuku yaara pudichuriko anda ponna dhan Avan Kalyanam pannanum...jeevaku nadanda maari kathirku aga kudadhu...Avan dhan mullai ah virumbaren Chennai ku poirukan la..aprom enna pudhusa Swetha va Inga kuttitu vandu... kalyanam sambadam pesalam kekkura??idhu ellam thappu ma..."he told boldly to his daughter in law.

Dhanam didn't want to give up.."kathir Chennai ku poi naalu masam Achu...innum onnum sollaliya Mama..innum Evalo naal wait panradhu??"

Kanna was about to reply when Meena squizzed his mouth with laddoo "vai ah thorakkadha.. da loosu paiyaley...."

Dhanam noticed this and looked at them cautiously when Meena replied"onnum illa ka...Avan laddoo ketan..."

Pandian spoke"kathir ah solravaraikum inda pechu vendam ma... avalodhan ennala solla mudiyum..."he left to his room infuriating her.

Meanwhile the love birds where boarding the bus that was heading to Trichy. Kathir and Ashok sat on one side while mullai and thamarai sat on the other side. Kathir wanted to sit with his love but he couldn't as Thamarai was along with them. They all are going back to their home town to attend Ashok's wedding.

Off late kathir noticed that thamarai was not her usual self as before and he mentally noted down to ask about it to mullai whenever he gets a chance.

The travel began and as it was a long day for all of them,they dozed off happily in their seats. After three hours,the bus halted near a dhaba for people to buy snacks. Thamarai got down to get chips and Ashok went to restroom.

Mullai was listening to songs with airpods plugged in closing her eyes. Kathir got up from his seat and without making any sound sat beside her. Her closed eyelids, small nose, pink lips was disturbing him. If someone looks at her they would assume she is sleeping....thongum bodhu kuda azhaga irupiya di...aiyo... kalyanathuku Aprom ennaku thookam varadhu pola...