Letter

She rushed holding her breath. Went to the terrace and as she expected saw jeeva standing there.

She slowly went near the wall to observe his behaviour. He was talking with someone over the phone.

She neared him and all she could hear was "Meena na unna dhan love panren please purinjiko"he said,making aarthi stumble in her place.

He continued"naa sathiyama mullai ya ennoda life partner ah oru nimisham kuda yosikala ennaku inda kalyanathula istam illa, unna yennala maraka mudiyadhu Meena aana ennaku vera vazhi therila"the air was the silent witness for his open heart revelation. He talked for some more time and then he cut the call.

Tears rolled down from his cheeks and in frustration he banged on the wall. Took the beer bottle that was beside and drank it fully making aarthi shock to the core. She couldn't believe in her own eyes that her friend fiance is not interested in marrying her. The truth plunged her heart and silently holding the letter she went to see her friend.

Mullai on the other side was fidgeting her saree and sat on the bed. Aarthi entered inside and she stood up "enna achu..Jeeva mama free ah irukara?"she asked her question.

Aarthi was dead silent. How could she tell that the person she is going to marry tomorrow was speaking with his love over the phone??? Words struck in her mouth and pain was evident in her eyes. Seeing her reaction mullai understand that something went wrong. Shaking her shoulder, mullai asked for the answer.

Aarthi didn't have the courage to answer her. While she stood there like a baniyan tree,mullai noticed a letter paper in her hand. She took it from her.she knew it's not good manners to read someone's personal issue,so she asked "yaarodhadhu idhu?"but no response in return. Breathing out,she first saw the name and that brought a sudden pain ..yen anbula jeevaku... unnoda kadhali Meena ezhuduvadhu..that's was enough for mullai to understand what could be the matter inside. Reading the next line she closed the letter. After a brief pause of 5 minutes,tears rolled down her cheeks.

She looked at aarthi and in no time she hugged her.She pacified her.Then determining her mind to tell the truth, aarthi told what she saw in the terrace. Mullai sat down with a heavy heart.

This was not she expected. How could someone love a person and marry another one. What sort of a love is that??? Is her life a play to feel with feelings??? She cried, cried from her heart. Not that the jeeva is loving  someone. At first place she doesn't have any actual feelings for him. But what about her life?? What did her family do?? How will they react if they knew this??? She wanted to talk about it immediately. Aarthi who was patting her back saw her getting up in a rage.

"Naa poi mama va pathutu varen"she said and moved out of the room.She went straight to the terrace and found Jeeva walking without any balance. He was fully drunk and seeing mullai he turned to the other side.

Calming down her anger,she went near him and called him. He turned to her and looked down not able to see her face. "Yen mama ippadi panninga?"but there was no response from him.

"Ungala dhan...inda letter ku enna artham???badhil sollunga"she showed him the letter. He didn't expect that and tried hard not to reply her back. But deep inside he wanted to open up. The buried denial feelings of his broken love.

Atleast to heal the recurring pain,he mustered the courage and said"Mulla enna manichidu...naa"he stammered. But she wanted to know "please ippo vaachum sollunga Inga enna dhan nadakudhu"

Closing his eyes,he started to tell the buried truth"Mulla anda letter unmai dhan...aadu Meena ennaku ippo ezhudhina letter. Naanum avalum college padikum bodhey love pannom..aana avanga appaku adhu therinju pochu...avaruku idhula verupam illa... Aprom yen Kalyana pechu varum bodhu naa Anni kita sonnen...avangalum Meena veetu poi ponnu ketanga...aana gowravam..adhu idhu solli Anni yavae thappa pesinanga...romba kastama pochu...aprom avala contact panna mudila...enna achu nu therla..aprom naa poi pesa paten..appovum mudila...anni kita appadi nadandhukitanga nu romba kovam...adhan inda kalyanathu seri nu sonnen...Meenavum onnu solla ennaku enna panradhu nu therla"

After a brief pause of 2 minutes he resumed"aana ennala avala maraka mudiyala...aprom pona varam ava Anni kita kovila pesina...aprom engikita idho inda maari letter ava friend molayama aamicha...inda letter ippo dhan vanduchu mullai...avalum enna maraka mudiyama kasta padra...naa illama vazha matenu solra...oru pakkam yen kudubam innoru paakam ava"

He cried faintly"naa enna panradhu nu theriyuma paatiyama iruken...". His voice was broken and he sat down not able to digest the reality that is playing in his mind. Mullai understood everything. She could sense how things would have gone. She has heard about meena's father in the town - a well known businessman adamant for money,caste and power. She could see Jeeva's true love and also his affection for his family. But what is the use of this marriage when he is not interested?? What sort of life they would lead together???

She has never seen him drinking and today's sight made her think worse. What if he continues this after marriage??? What if he is still in love with Meena after the marriage??? What would the other girl do??? It's a backstabbing moment for all. Making a girl cry in pain and living in someone's life would never give any peace.

Determined,mullai decided to speak"mama,naa konjam pesanum". Jeeva nodded his head and stood up again. She said"nenga innum meena va virumbaringala?" and he nodded his head. "Aprom eppadi mama yen koda ungala vazha mudiyum?? Nenga sonnadhu seri dhan anniya kudubam dha asinga padithinanga nu, nenga enna kalyanam panna okay sonninga..aana ungala unmai love panna Meena enna thappu panna?" This question left jeeva speechless.

"Kadhal ku romba mukiyam nambika...adha nenga yen anda ponnu kudukala?? Meena oda appa panna thappu yen unga kadhal ah thaygam panringa??? Anni, kudubam mukiyam dhan..aana kadisi varakum Namma life partner dhan kuda varuvanga... avanga dhan namma mela anba irupanga. Yen mama ippadi ungalayum kasta padithi...unga kadhal ku dhrogam panringa??? Ungalala avanga maraka mudiyadhu na appo yen vazhka??? Theriyama dhan kekaren oru vela nammaku kalyanam agi...oru naal naa unga Anni paati oru varta thappa pesina nenga enna pannuvinga??? Divorce pannuvingala??? Family na ellam nadakum mama...naa Meena oda appa pannadhu seri nu sollala aana adhuku yen unga kadhal ku dhandanai kudukaringa??? Edhuvum thappu pannama yella ponnu maari kalyanathula oru aasai vechu yennaku yen dhrogam panringa??? Oru ponna azha vechithu nammalala yeppadi nimadhiya Iruka mudiyum??" She sobbed silently realising the truth that her so called marriage has no meaning whereas jeeva was struck with pain and guilt.

What she said was right?? He has loved Meena so much and what mistake was her's in this aspect?? What could she do??? But at the same time his family comes in picture. Her sister in law was insulted so much. Her crying was still in his memory. After their mothers demise,  she is the only women in the home who took care of all. How could he say no to his dad when he affectionately asked his concern in marriage. How could he tell him???

He didn't know what to do and said"yennaku enna panradhu theriyala mullai..nee edhachum sollu pls"he pleaded.

After a brief thinking and with almost difficulty she said"inda kalyanatha niruthidhalam"

TBC