Forty Five

Carter shifted, feeling Artemis mumble something against his shoulder. He was glad he didn't get that drunk the previous night, although he was concerned about how sober Tye would be when he returned. He had stayed the night at Jordan's which he hadn't seen that thrilled about, but had smiled at the right moments for Carter not to be too worried about him.

He checked the time, ten forty-five. He was hoping Tye would have called by now, asking to be picked up or telling him when he and his friends were arriving. But nothing yet.

He grabbed his phone off the bedside table and called.

"Tye's phone, Jordan speaking."

"Oh, hi it's Carter."

"Damn it!" Jordan cursed.

"Excuse me?"

"Ness and I had a bet as to whether you or Artemis was 'big sexy man' in Tye's phone. I owe her money now."

Bemused Carter just nodded and then remembered Jordan couldn't see him. "Can I talk to him?"

"Oh sure, he's in the shower." The sounds of doors opening and then a shower running. "Tyler! Your boyfriends on the phone."

"Dude what the fuck?" Tye grumbled, the sounds of the shower stopped. "Hey."

"Hi love, we were just wondering what time you were coming back?" 

"Um.... Hang on." Tye paused. "Jordan!"

"What?"

"What time we leaving?"

"I dunno, in an hour maybe."

"We should be back for one." Tye said, saying something completely different to what Jordan had just said.

"Alright angel, I love you."

"I love you too."

"Oh and Tye?"

"Huh?"

"Happy birthday."

---
Carter was fretting. He wanted everything to be perfect for Tye's birthday.

"Carter calm down." Artemis said from where he was nursing his coffee when he had finally emerged from Carter's bed.

"This has to be perfect." He replied, texting Clarke to find out where on earth he was.

"We could give him a bowl of dirt and he'd be happy. He literally will love anything we do, because it's us that's doing it." Noah pointed out from where he was making sandwiches.

"It's his eighteenth and the first birthday he'll spend with us." Carter replied. "I want it to be perfect."

"It is." Artemis said as he gulped down the last of his coffee. "All he wants is to spend it with us and his friends."

"I know." Carter sighed. They had bought cake, made food, put on a Spotify playlist that they were sure Tye would like. "I... I don't know why I'm so nervous."

A knock sounded at the door and one of the others answered it. "Little Ri!" Clarke's voice sounded. "How are you?"

"Hi Clarke, hi Ellen." Riley greeted them.

"Where's my baby brother?" Clarke entered the kitchen and pulled Carter into a hug. "There he is!"

"Clarke!" Carter protested trying to free himself from his brother's arms.

"Artie you look terrible." Clarke commented when he let his brother go. Artemis grumbled his protest.

"Thanks."