seventeen

He reached his room and had to fight back tears as soon as the door closed. Why was he feeling so guilty at yelling at Noah? Probably because he was only trying to help, he reasoned with himself.

This was why no one liked him.

He wasn't even sure why he'd gotten so mad, maybe it was because he wasn't used to people caring. Not even his own brothers had stepped in to stop their mother beating him. Nor had they spared him a second thought when they got out of the house, they just left him there.

Wiping his tears on the harsh sleeve of his old hoodie, Tye made the decision for apologise. He hoped he hadn't upset Noah too much.

Slowly opening his door, he glanced into the corridor. The others were still downstairs, he could hear the loud dialogue from the action movie they were watching. He was glad he'd stayed upstairs. He hated the sound of gunfire.

Noah's room was right next to his, and no one else was around, but he couldn't bring himself to do more than just a soft knock on the door.

Noah took a moment to answer, his eyes red with tears.

"Noah I'm sorry." Tye blurted out before the older could speak.

"Its okay." Noah wiped his eyes, offering up a smile.

"No it's not." Tye shook his head. He didn't deserve how nice they were being to him. "I shouldn't have yelled I just- I'm sorry."

"Come here." Noah hugged him tightly, kissing the top of his head. "I get it, you're used to dealing with everything alone. Just know that you don't have have go through this alone."

"I don't deserve you." Tye mumbled. How did he make him feel so safe?

"You deserve to be safe Tye." Noah replied simply, letting go of him. Tye stared up at him. He wasn't sure what compelled him to do it, but he reached up and kissed him. Noah smiled and kissed him back, pulling him into his room.

Tye's back hit the closed door as Noah smashed their lips together. He liked this, allowing the older to be in control, following his wordless instructions. It wasn't like he wasn't experienced, it's that he was so overwhelmed by how... natural it felt to kiss him. To allow Noah to explore his mouth, how his hands travelled down his chest, teasing him at the waistband of his sweats.

Tye's brain went into overload and he grabbed Noah's hands. He wanted to, by god he wanted to, but to be with a boy, that way... his father would turn in his grave. He pulled away slightly, gasping for air. "Not yet." He felt ashamed of himself. "Can't."

"That's okay." Noah pressed a kiss to the soft bit of skin connecting his ear to his face. "Whenever you're ready." He bent down further, sucking on the skin of his neck. It felt so good.

Tye leaned into him, he'd never enjoyed himself so much before. If this was what is was supposed to be like then he had been with the wrong person.

Noah released him, surveying his work. He smirked at the slight mess in front of him. Tye rested his forehead against his shoulder. Noah kissed the crown of his head.

"You want to watch something?" He asked, Tye nodded, something inside was telling him to stay close to Noah, and it was usually right so he just obeyed it. "Come on." Noah took his hand and led him to the bed. Opposite the bed was his dresser, of which a large flat screen TV was perched. "Any suggestions?" He asked as he pulled him into his chest, scrolling through Netflix with a thoughtful expression.

Tye just shook his head. "I don't watch TV much."

"What about when you were a kid?" Noah frowned, Tye shifted slightly in his arms.