Danger

Chapter 12:

It was the time of night, the moon was shining over the Khanna mansion where Avni was standing near the bed and was waiting for Neil to enter. A hand held the door side and Neil came there and was holding his side. Neil squeezed his eyes and his shirt was covered with blood. The blood was on his forehead. Avni got shocked to see Neil’s condition.

Avni: Neil!

Avni ran to Neil who was in severe pain.

Avni: Neil, what happened?

Avni was looking at him and couldn’t understand what to do. Avni saw Neil is drunk also and she could smell it. Avni looked at Neil and was hurt but right now Avni was concerned for him.  Avni held Neil’s arm and kept it across her shoulder. Avni tried to give support to him but Neil took his arm back. Avni looked at Neil and tried to hold his arm but Neil signed Avni to stop.

Avni was looking at him. Neil moved to the room and Avni was afraid that Neil will fall. Avni wanted to hold Neil and she held his arm once but Neil jerked away her hand.

Neil came to the bed and Avni went to get the first aid box. Neil was in pain and was panting. Neil looked at Avni who was standing near the cupboard. Neil sighed and Avni looked at him. Avni turned to the cupboard and took out the box and then she came to Neil. Avni kept the box on the bed and tried to check Neil's wound but Neil stopped her showing his hand. Avni looked at Neil.

Neil: No need to show fake concern. I will manage.

Avni: Neil, please let me help you, you can get angry at me as much as you want but please for now let me do the bandage. Please.

Neil looked at Avni who had tears in her eyes.

Avni whispered: please.

Neil looked down and Avni took out the cotton and antiseptic. Avni tried to clean the wound and Neil winced. Avni took her hand back.

Neil: slowly.

Avni blew on his wound and Neil looked at Avni. Neil got lost and felt pain. Neil looked down. A tear fell from Avni’s eye and Avni wiped it. Avni pressed Neil's wound. Neil showed fake anger.

Neil: Now you will take out all your anger on me in this way?

Avni: sorry.

Neil was looking at Avni. Avni cleaned the blood and then she held the button of Neil’s shirt who looked at the hands and then he looked at Avni who also looked at him. Their eyes locked. Avni broke eye contact and opened the button. Neil looked down and then he looked at Avni. Avni cleaned the wounds near the shoulder and Neil was looking at her. A tear fell from her eyes and Avni wiped it. Neil got shocked.

Tears were falling from Avni’s eyes and Avni suppressed her lips. Avni wiped her eyes. Neil held Avni’s chin and turned her face to him. Neil felt bad and tried to wipe Avni’s tears but Avni wiped them. Neil got disappointed. Avni did the bandage.

Avni said while collecting the things.

Avni: I, I talk to the doctor.

Neil was looking at her and then he looked down.

Later, Neil was laying on the bed in a Fowler’s position and Avni came with the doctor. Neil looked at Avni and the doctor. The doctor did the check-up and Avni was looking at Neil.

Doctor: wounds are not deep. There is nothing to worry about.

Avni got relieved and Neil looked at her. Neil smiled to see Avni.

Doctor: still, I suggest you…
The doctor talked and Avni nodded. The doctor did the bandage of Neil’s hand also because it was swollen. The doctor got up and Avni went with him. Avni came back and came to Neil. Avni gave medicine to Neil who was looking at her.