Neil's Ladydon

Chapter 38:

It was the time of the morning, the sun rises and people started their day. The moon was shining over the Khanna mansion and it peeked into Avneil's room where Neil got ready and was combing his hair. Neil saw Avni was looking at him. Neil kept the hairbrush on the dressing table and he came to Avni.

Avni looked at the bed and she took a vest from it. Neil turned and Avni made Neil wear the vest. Neil turned and looked at Avni. Avni started to close the button of Neil's shirt. Avni was closing the button of the shirt and Neil was looking at her lovingly. Avni looked at Neil and then she looked at the button. Neil smiled.

Neil: Don't worry, Avni, I will take care of myself.

Avni said while closing the button: Hmm.

Avni closed the button.

Avni: Done.

Neil moved a step to Avni and cupped her face.

Neil: Avniii... Avni, I know, you are concerned about my health but duty is also important.

Avni: You should have to apply for a leave for some more days.

Neil: Some more days? I was on rest for one month.

Avni; Still, you need rest.

Neil: I am fine.

Avni looked away.

Neil: Don't worry, I will have medicine on time.

Avni looked at Neil and was still not happy.

Neil: OK, Baba, I will try to come back home earlier.

Avni: Don't make promises that you can't keep.

Neil made a face. Avni made a sad face.

Avni: Once you get busy with your work then you will not have any sense of time.

Neil made a face and smiled. Neil was about to say but his phone rang. Avneil looked at the bed and saw DD's number. Neil looked at Avni who also looked at him. Neil picked up the phone and received the call.

Neil: Hello, Yeah, DD... You have reached...

Avni was looking at Neil.

Neil: OK, I am coming.

Avni was looking at Neil. Neil said bye and cut the call. Neil stuffed the phone in his pocket. Neil held Avni's shoulders.

Neil: Now, come on, give me a big smile so then I could be able to go.

Avni smiled slightly.

Neil: I said, big.

Neil made a smile with his hand and showed his teeth.

Neil: Like this.

Neil again made a smile with his hand and showed his teeth. Avni smiled and tension was on her face at the same time. Neil hugged Avni.

Neil: Don't worry and take care of yourself.

Neil broke the hug and cupped Avni's face. Neil kissed Avni's forehead and Avni closed her eyes. Avni looked at Neil who sighed.

Avneil was standing outside the Khanna mansion, Neil waved his hand to Avni who did the same. Neil got in the police jeep and Avni looked at DD who assured her by blinking his eyes. Avni nodded and smiled. DD got in the police jeep. Avni looked at Neil who waved his hand and Avni did the same. Neil went from there with his officers. Avni thought.

Later, Avni was sitting on the bed in her room and was waiting for Neil's call. Avni picked up her phone from the bed and looked at it.

Avni: Should I call him?