Efforts

Chapter 28:

It was the time of the evening, the birds were hovering in the sky. A car stopped outside the Khanna mansion and Neil got down of it. Neil entered the Khanna mansion and his phone rang. Neil took out his phone and moved forward. Neil picked up the call.

Neil: Hello, yeah Vidyut.

Neil was walking and he stopped to hear Vidyut. Neil was shocked.

Neil: What?

On the other side, Vidyut was standing in his room.

Vidyut: Yes, I have been trying your number since then but, you were not picking up my calls nor did you call me back.

Neil caught his head.

Neil: Sorry. I was busy in a meeting. I saw your calls but I thought to talk to you once I reach home.

Vidyut sighed.

Vidyut: Now what?

Neil thought.

Neil: Do as she said.

Vidyut was shocked.

Vidyut: Are you mad? You…

Neil: Vidyut… listen.

Neil talked to him.

Vidyut: Are you sure about it?

Neil thought.

On the other side, Avni and Neav were in the room. Neav was drawing his book. Neil entered the room and Avni saw him. Neil smiled.

Neil: Hi…

Neav: Hi… Papa.

Neil: What are you doing, Tiger?

Neav: My homework.

Avneil smiled.

Neil came to Neav and sat on the bed and kept his hand on Neav’s back.

Neil: Did you take care of Mama?

Neav nodded and Avneil smiled. Avneil looked at each other.

Neav: I fed Mama Lunch and then I made her sleep.

Neil: Hmm. Wow… Good.

They smiled. Neil looked at Avni and sighed.

Some days passed and Neil, and Neav in fact the whole Khanna family took care of Avni and Avni recovered. 

One night, Neil entered the room and he stopped when he looked up because Avni was standing in the room. Avni was alerted to see Neil because she was waiting for him. Neil was surprised to see her and he thought. Neil looked at Avni and slowly he came to Avni. Neil and Avni were looking at each other. Avni passed a check to Neil. Neil looked at the check and then he looked at Avni. Neil took the check and it was the check of thirty-two lacs. Neil raised his eyebrows.

Neil: Thirty-two lacs! 

Neil craved his lips downwards. Neil looked at Avni.

Neil: Why Thirty-two lacs? You had to give me thirty lacs.

Avni: The Hospital's bill was thirty lac and twenty-five thousand. 

Neil nodded.

Neil: OK and remaining?

Avni: I stayed in your home and you bought things for me like medicine, fruits, and other things. So...

Neil nodded.

Neil: OK... One minute.

Neil went to the cupboard and he took out a file. Avni was confused. Neil came to Avni and Avni was looking at the file and Neil. Neil passed a file to her. Avni looked at the file and then she looked at Neil.