One More Trouble For Avneil

Chapter 34:

It was the time of night, the dark clouds were hovering in the sky and the drops of water were dripping from the leaves slowly. The rain was stopped but the trees and other things were looking fresh and clean. Silence was all around so the sound of rackets was echoing and was making the surroundings scary. The flowers of the garden of the Khanna mansion were dancing to the music of the soft breeze and inside the mansion, Avni and Neil were standing.
Neil was standing by holding Avni’s hand. Avni looked at the hands and then she looked at Neil. Neil took a deep breath.

Neil: Avni. Avni, yaar, I am sorry.

Avni looked away.

Neil: I know, I should inform you about my coming late.

Avni was looking here and there.

Neil: Avni, I asked Vidyut to send Juhi to you.

Avni looked at him.

Avni: Juhi?

Neil was looking at Avni.

Avni: You called Vidyut to send Juhi to me. Means you could call Vidyut to ask him to send Juhi here but you could not call to inform me that you would be late. Wow, amazing.

Neil sighed. Avni looked away and then she looked at Neil.

Avni: I didn't have any expectations from you. I didn't ask you to come back home earlier today. It was you who asked me that you would come back home earlier.

Neil was looking at Avni.

Avni: It was raining cloudburst but still you did not think that we are alone in the house.

Neil: Avni, I thought, Ju...

Avni: OK fine, I believe you asked Vidyut to send Juhi, but have you even once asked if Juhi came or not?

Neil: Avni, I had a meeting with the Commissioner and I forgot about that completely and then I got busy in the case.

Avni looked away. Neil held his ear.

Neil: I am sorry.

Avni was looking away.

Neil: Please forgive me.

Neil tried to gain Avni's attention. Avni looked at Neil who made a cute and innocent face. Avni tried to control her smile.

Avni: It's OK.

Neil got happy. Avni went to the cupboard and took her nightdress. Avni went to change and Neil smiled. Neil sighed happily.

Later, Avni and Neil were laying on the bed and their faces were to each other.  Neav was sleeping in between them. Avni's eyes were closed and her hand was on Neav. Neil was looking at Avni and he thought. Neil knew that Avni was awake.

Neil stroked Avni’s baby hair softly and Avni felt that but ignored it. Neil caressed Avni's hair and Avni felt that. Avni opened her eyes and looked at Neil who smiled. Avni closed her eyes and Neil was surprised. Neil was doing his work. Avni opened her eyes and looked at Neil.

Avni: I am not angry with you. Sleep now. You will be late for the police station tomorrow.

Neil smiled.

Neil: Thank you for forgiving me.

Avni closed her eyes and Neil smiled. Neil thought.

Neil in mind: I am witnessing the older Avni. I felt it a few days ago also but…

Neil saw the flashes that he kissed Avni who didn’t respond.

Neil in mind: I expected too much too early. I should have given some time to Avni. I made a mistake by crossing my limits but this time, I will not repeat my mistake. I will give Avni space. This time, she has to take a step to me.