Beginning Of A New Life

Chapter 15:

It was the time of the night, the moon was glowing in the sky. Neil came to his car hurriedly.

Neil said while trying the key of the car: I will make everything fine.

Neil opened the car’s door and he got in it. Neil drove to his home. Neil was driving his car at high speed. Neil wiped the sweat from his forehead and then he wiped his tears.

Neil: I will make everything fine. I will mend our broken relationship. I will make everything fine.

Soon, Neil reached home and he got down from the car. Neil ran to the home and entered. Neil stopped in the living area and looked around. Neil felt a strange type of silence and void in the home. Neil ran towards the room.

Neil stopped at the door and said: Avni.

Neil saw no one is there and a fear engulfed him. Neil came forward and looked at the room. Neil heard a sound and looked at the bed. Neil was shocked to see a paper and paperweight was kept on it. Neil got worried and a shiver ran through his body. Neil hurriedly came to the bed and took the paper. Neil wiped his eyes and sniffed.

Avni’s letter: Dear Neil, you are reading this letter that means I have gone far away from you and your life.

Neil got shocked. Neil rolled his eyes in shock and then he looked at the letter.

Avni’s letter: is it possible that my Neil, sorry, not my, you are not mine now.

Neil felt a pinch in his heart.

Avni’s letter: is it possible that Neil asks something to Avni and Avni doesn’t give him that. Never.

Tears formed in Neil’s eyes and he wiped them with the back of his hand.

Avni’s letter: It can never happen. I fulfilled your wish and gave you what you wanted. Hope, now you will not have any complaints from me... I am sorry, Neil. I am sorry for spoiling your life. I never realized that I have become a hurdle in the way of your happiness. I thought I am taking care of you. Because of the workload, you have health issues that’s why, I was calling you again and again. I have lived a long period of my alone so when I got love and family, I got worried… I got worried about what if, I lost my love, my family and I became possessive for you. I became greedy.

Neil felt guilty for his behavior and his eyes got blurry. Neil wiped his eyes with his finger to read the letter because the letter was in his hands.

Avni’s letter:  and when I saw you with Maya then my fear increased and I started to behave oddly. Then the snake bit you and your health was also not good, I felt more fear and became more protective and possessive. I thought, it is my care for you but no, I was wrong, it was clinginess.

Neil gulped and wiped his tears.

Avni’s letter: I always thought that as a wife, it is my right to call you, to hold your hand and roam with you. I felt that I have complete right on my Neil. I didn’t realize that my presence around you suffocates you. I hadn’t had an idea. Trust me, Neil, trust me if I had an idea that you are feeling suffocated with me. I am suffocating you then trust me, Neil, trust me, I would have gone away from your life a long time ago.

Tears formed in Neil’s eyes. Neil closed his eyes to clear the vision and wiped his eyes with his arms because the letter was in his hands. Neil sniffed his nose and resumed reading.

Avni’s letter: anyways, it is late but is right also, now everything is clear like a glass and nothing has left between us so, I am going away from your life. Neil, I am not taking anything from here because when you are no longer mine then what will I do of those things?