Efforts To Pacify Wifey

Chapter 20:

It was daytime, the sun was shining in the sky and the birds were flying here and there in search of food. In an isolated area, a car was standing on the side and Neil was sitting on the road in front of it. Neil was lost in his thought and his one leg was straight and the other was bent. Neil's arms were kept on the legs. Neil was thinking.

Neil in mind: What do I do that you forgive me? I admit that I did a mistake. I overreacted that day six years ago. I shouldn’t have said that but I also came to ask forgiveness. I came to make everything fine but it was too late till then, you had gone far away from my life… I accept that I was wrong but you have also done wrong with me. How can you hide about my child from me? I should also get angry with you but I didn’t get angry. I understood you then why you are not understanding me… I just came to spend some time with my son.

Tears formed in Neil’s eyes. Neil bent his second leg and intervened his fingers and kept them at his mouth.

Neil: He misses his father. I just came to shower a father's love on me. I came to assure him that his father is with him. He is not an orphan his father has come. I just came to meet my son, my Neav.

Neil closed his eyes and bit his finger. Tears fell from his eyes. Neil opened his eyes and sniffed. Neil sighed and wiped his tears.

Neil: I have to do something to pacify Avni. I have to work hard to get her trust back. And most importantly, I have to control my anger. Let Avni say what she has to say, but you will not lose your calm. You have to keep your calm... already you have ruined everything in the past because of your anger now be careful.

Neil nodded.

Neil: First, I have to assure her that I will not snatch Neav from her. I want to get them both in my life… But how will I do that?

Neil thought and then an idea struck in his mind and Neil smiled. Neil sniffed and sobbed. Neil sighed.

Neil: now wait and watch, Wifey, what I will do?

Neil smiled. Neil got up as he got the energy. Neil moved to the driving seat and opened the door and then he got in the car. Neil drove away from there.

On the other side, Neav was sitting on the bed and looking sad. A video game came in front of his eyes and his face lit up. Neav looked up and then he made a sad face. Neav looked down. Avni came to him and sat on the bed. Neav looked at Avni and then he got up and went to sit on the other side of the bed. Avni was looking at him. Avni came to him and sat beside him.

Avni: what happened? You wanted it, right?

Neav moved away Avni’s hand slowly.

Neav: it is not that. Superman bought the one that was my favorite game. I want that.

Avni: now play with it. I will buy you that too soon.

Neav: he bought so many toys.

Avni: I will buy you all of those.

Neav got up and shouted: No, you can’t buy those toys because you don’t have money.

Avni got hurt. Neav went from there. Avni was looking at Neav and then she looked at the game. Avni felt bad that she can’t be able to fulfill her son’s wish. Avni thought and got angry.

Avni: Mr. Neil Khanna, now I understood your game. You want to take my child away from me by showing the power of your money. But you don’t know me. I am Avni. I won’t let you win so easily.

Avni got angry.

It was the time of the night, Avni was sitting on the bed and a dairy was in her hands. She was writing the budget in it. A balloon flew up from the window. Avni looked there but nothing was there. Avni thought and then she looked at the diary. Again it happened. Avni looked at the window. Avni thought and looked at the window. A Sorry foil balloon came at the window and Avni frowned and then a hand was holding a heart-shaped balloon and I love you written on it. Avni frowned. Avni got up and she was going to the window. Avni came to the window and Neil popped up. Avni flinched and stumbled. Neil smiled. Avni looked at Neil who was smiling.