Birthday

Chapter 09:

It was the time of the morning, the sun was shining in the sky and it peeped into Avni and Neil's room where Avni entered the room and she went to the cupboard. Avni took out Neil's clothes from the cupboard and smiled to see them. Avni came to the bed and kept Neil's clothes on the bed and then she kept Neil's other things like cell phone, wallet, keys, and hanky. Avni was smiling. The door of the washroom opened and Avni looked there. Neil came out while wiping his hair with the towel and his eyes fell on Avni who smiled to see her. Avni smiled and she looked at the clothes. Neil also looked at the bed and got surprised and happy to see his things there. Neil came to Avni and his towel was hanging on his shoulders. Neil hugged Avni from behind and touched his cheek to Avni's cheek. Avni smiled.

Neil: thank you.

Avni: anything for my hubby.

Neil smiled and then he thought.

Neil: Avni, you are not upset with me, right?

Avni frowned.

Avni: upset?

Neil nodded.

Avni: why would I be upset with you? What have you done to me?

Neil: we have just got married and I am going to the police station. I should have given you this time. I should have spent time with you but I have to go to the police station.

Avni smiled and turned to Neil. Neil was looking at Avni sadly and Avni cupped Neil's face. Neil was holding Avni's waist.

Avni: I understand, Neil. I know, your job is really very tough and challenging. I am not upset with you.

Neil smiled.

Avni: even, I am feeling proud of you that you are sincere to your work and to the people.

Neil smiled and kissed Avni's forehead. Avni closed her eyes and was smiling. Avni looked at Neil.

Neil: thanks for understanding me.

Avni smiled and Neil hugged her.

Neil: I love you, Avni.

Avni: I love you too, Neil.

Neil smiled and sighed happily.

Some months passed and Avni was a happily married couple and they went on their honeymoon also. They were enjoying their married life.

One day, the sun was shining in the sky over the huge building of the mall where Neil was passing by the corridor carrying a shopping bag in his hand. Neil was smiling and he looked at the side. Someone called his name and Neil turned his face here and there and then he again heard his name and turned.

Maya was coming to him and Neil was surprised to see her. Neil smiled.

Neil: Maya, you.

Maya came to him and they hugged.

Neil: when did you come?

Maya: a few days ago.

They broke the hug.

Neil: and you didn't inform me.

Maya: oh hello, Mr, you have forgotten your friends. We chat in our group but you never get involved in it.

Neil smiled looking down. Maya noticed a shopping bag in Neil's hand.

Maya: you came on shopping without your wife.

Neil looked at Maya and then he looked at the shopping bag. Neil smiled.

Neil: Well, I came without my wife but I have come to shop for my wife.