Ch29: The Special Student

AN: (T_T) Hello, I'm back. Sorry if I haven't updated for a while. I'm okay (not really).

Fuck! After so long of farming Saint Quartz and earning 600+ Saint Quartz and 68 tickets in FGO neither Koyanskaya nor Oberon have deigned me worthy of their presence in my Chaldea.

Ughh... The Zhuge Liang spook and Gawain spooks hurt my ass and soul during my rolls for Oberon.

So many CEs but they didn't come home.

I have lost my motivation to write for weeks because of those 2 bastards. But I'm back and hopefully, I would at least get Koyanskaya again when her next banner comes. And as for Oberon, I would try to farm SQ for him and roll again on his last day of the banner this month.

The salt destroyed me.

-------------------------

Arc 2: Night Raven College

Chapter 15: The Special Student

On the day of the Night Raven College entrance ceremony, a specific Schrodinger paradox was nervously fretting while floating around a mirror in a certain castle on the top of the freezing mountains near the town of Ledusberg.

The individual who was viewing the particular Schrodinger paradox floated around in the mirror and smiled amusedly.

"Prince Arktis, calm down; I'm confident you'd do well at Night Raven College."

Arktis, who was fretting in front of the mirror, caught sight of Katerina, who was dressed in her winter dress attire and smiling at him.

' She was talking back to him. Talking to him like she was his equal. Not polite and formal...'

If it had been someone else, such as the servants sent to him a thousand years ago, they would have already frozen and shattered along with the ice that froze them over into bits. Fortunately, the circumstances have changed between a thousand years ago and now.

He was also grateful that he was being treated equally and not being stared at with eyes full of fear, anger, or disdain.

' Katerina and Ashray are different from those people.. '

Arktis was no longer the person he once was. He wasn't alone. Here, he can look forward to a bright and better future. He wasn't that person anymore. Someone who was in a profound state of sad and depressive thinking as a result of his parent's failure to address the bad ramifications of him inadvertently killing his beloved little sister with his out-of-control magic.

They have done nothing but disregard her death and existence, instead focusing on the hope that he will learn to manage his ice power by sending tutors and servants to help him.

But it was all in vain, and all of those servants and instructors died, frozen over, their frozen corpses shattering into pieces and turning into ice dust because he can't control his magic and his emotions.

Arktis fell deeper into the darkness with every death of the servants and tutors.

They reminded him of how hopeless he was and how he had killed his little sister.

Despair and hopelessness entered his mind with every death, as well as other bad ideas about his existence,

After he was locked up, Arktis found some sort of calm. Away from the expectations and terror of the people thanks to his aunt and the other remaining powerful wizards of the Permafrost Kingdom closing his body and the mirror.

Arktis has pondered his life and the things he has done since being trapped in the ice and becoming this weird entity.

There were many things he regretted, and he wondered if his prolonged existence had any value.