Ch11: A shade of ice

Arc 1: The Long Winter

Ch11: A shade of ice

Everything occurred around eight years ago. Did it, or did it not? Did it begin more than a century ago?

Who was to blame for everything? The greedy and inquisitive mayor of the town who has disturbed the ruins? Or his Aunt for locking him up? (Wasn't it for his benefit?)

Nonetheless, what was more vital was to prevent the evil from resurfacing.

He had spent years observing the cursed town.

It's what they get for stealing something that wasn't theirs.

The townspeople were unjustly punished and were innocent. The selfish mayor was solely at fault. He was the one who took what was rightfully his. It belongs to him and is for him. The object was very significant.

He can't stop himself from curse-casting the object.

He anticipated it to be returned, but it stayed in town for many years.

What a greedy town leader, unconcerned about the lives of the people under his jurisdiction.

If it had been him...

Isn't it true that the past no longer matters?

He would be regarded as a failure.

What mattered now was preventing the release of immense evil into the world.

She would hear him out and listen to him, the sweet girl.

She does not refuse to assist others.

She was thoughtful.

Maybe her one-of-a-kind magic can help him.

He hoped it was the correct decision.

He would put the girl in danger by involving her.

But it was preferable to take the chance.

Finally, he learned from her that her skill works in a manner that was different from his expectations. Her unique magic doesn't work that way.

She couldn't fix whatever was wrong with him.

What a disaster.

Should he put her in a case?

It was for her good (to punish her for failing).

Something arrived at his sanctuary before he could accomplish it.

Someone and someone else.

Something between a fae, a human, and a spirit.

Almost like him.

Not dead but not alive either.

-------------------------

Meeting the villainous Snow Queen was the story's finale.

They were attacked by cold as they reached the castle ruins and stepped further inside.

The colder it goes the further they stroll inside the razed fortress.

Andersen expected to be astonished when he entered the throne room and met the Snow Queen.

He was correct.

Andersen was taken aback.

The world is reenacting an amusing spoof of his story.

His ice queen...

Andersen laughed as he looked at the young man with snow-white hair and a brilliant blue gaze adorned in his princely suit.

There are numerous occurrences in Chaldea of historic or characters from mythology who were recorded as male during history. However, when they arrived in Chaldea, they discovered that they were female.

Heroic servants from a long time ago could be justified by a lack of records for them.

Heroic Servants who come from a recent time and had different proofs and records in history and turned out to be females are viewed with skepticism.

They were either pretenders or people who were strongly acquainted with the Heroic Servant character. There have been instances where they borrowed a comparable vessel for use, but that vessel was female.

Katerina sighed as she watched Andersen chuckle. Looking at Ashray and Mister Hans, she was taken aback when they arrived. She didn't expect anyone to discover her when she was abducted to perform an impossible assignment. Something she couldn't possibly fulfill, no matter how hard she tried.

" Spirit, what amuses you so much that you can't stop laughing?"

The specter with white hair inquired of Andersen. Andersen took his glasses from his pocket and put them on before answering.

"The Snow Queen turns out to be a snow prince."

The apparition known as the Snow Prince answered, floating from the ground and crossing his arms.

" I am Prince Arktis Eis Permafrost, the last ruler of the once great kingdom of Permafrost, I am not my Great, Great, Great Grandmother... "

As if recalling sad memories in his mind, Prince Arktis' voice trailed off and became feeble before he ceased speaking.

Andersen didn't care or give sympathy to the prince, who was looking at him with a sorrowful expression.

" I don't care about your painful backstory; since this foolish girl is here, you are the one who kidnapped her? The perpetrator."

" I... I want to ask her for help."

" If you have taken her without her permission, it's kidnapping. But whatever. I don't care about basic decency or righteous morals. People talked about them when they were the ones failing to uphold those principles that they cling to and obsess are hideous creatures. We are retrieving this foolish girl and would take our leave. "

Getting out of his stupor, Prince Arktis cried out and demanded.

" Wait! You can't take her away! "
Glancing at the desperate prince, Katerina purses her lips.

Before Mister Hans and Ashray's arrival, she guessed that since she can't fulfill his request, he was planning of disposing of her.

There was something strange about Prince Arktis. Something strange that gives her a foreboding feeling. It wasn't because he was a spirit.

Despite their dread, they couldn't just leave this wrecked fortress if this spirit was telling the truth.

" If Prince Arktis isn't lying, we'd be in grave danger if we didn't help Mister Hans. Not just the three of us, or the town of Ledusberg, but everyone in Twisted Wonderland."

Ashray approached his childhood friend and inquired for the first time since they entered the palace.

" Kay, what's going on?"

Katerina told Ashray what the spirit of a once-great kingdom's prince had told her.

How it all began eight years ago for their town to be cursed due to the avarice of their prior town mayor. Taking a key magical relic that absorbs and shuts away evil. As a result, the village of Ledusberg became cursed, and the former leader of Ledusberg refused to return the item until his death.

While Katerina was telling the narrative, Prince Arktis motioned for them to follow him. They then followed the prince to a specific room. Katerina wasn't startled when they eventually arrived because she has seen it before. Ahsray, on the other hand, was taken aback.

A transparent coffin was frozen by ice and blossomed with odd-colored ice crystals in a room. Ice crystals are dark and black. It gives off a foreboding vibe. Inside the coffin was a sleeping 12-year-old boy with white hair who was holding an oval mirror on his tummy.

" That's what it is... "

With an apprehensive tone, Astray mumbled. Prince Arktis said, looking around casually and apathetically.

" My body, sealed in the ice cast by my Aunt more than 100 years ago, the great evil that must be kept at bay in Twisted Wonderland."