Ch31: Yuu

Arc 3: The Start of an Eventful Year

Ch1: Yuu

  [ Ah. My dear esteemed benefactor...
My proud, beautiful flower of evil.
You are truly the fairest one of all.
O magic mirror, thy wisdom I entreat.
Reveal to me the visage I seek...
You, whose image the dark mirror beckon forth
If your heart bids it, take the hand reflected in the mirror

As flame reduces the stars even to ash
As Ice seals away even time itself
As great trees even swallow the sky
Fear not the power of darkness
Now–– demonstrate your power.

To me, to them, to yourself
The hour grows long and time is scarce.
Keep steady your grip, no matter what may come...

------------------

Kuroki Yuuya has a strange dream. A vague figure of a monster and a person dressed in robes. Someone is speaking but he can't remember it anymore.

The tone of the dream shifted.

He knows that the tone earlier was dreadful and tense.

“Nyahah, nyahahaha! Now, eeny, meeny, miny, moe…” 

Now as he heard the strange noise it has somehow become lighter.

“I got my mind made up. This here’s the one!”

If I’m dreaming,” he thought, “then could you keep it down?

He wanted to sleep more. He wanted to doze off his soft and comfortable bed.

He notices in the strange dream that he can't move his body around. It was tight and cramped. The space seems getting hotter and Yuuya began to sweat.

“ This lid’s so freakin’ hard. Maybe it’ll crack if I smash it against the wall.”

A clattering and shaking all around.

Yuuya was confused. What is going on?

“No good, huh? But I ain’t gonna throw in the towel just yet."

What was going to happen next?

“Fnyaaah!”

Yuuya has a sense of urgency to get out of here now. Yuuya has to use whatever strength he has in his body and thrust out his hand at the same time he heard the strange voice make a shout.

" Ow! "

Kuroki Yuuya then slammed into the ground after thrusting out the lid. Opening his eyes, he realizes that he came out of the strange coffin.

But something was strange...

" –I'm? "

Yuuya then heard a new voice. He look in the direction where it came from and saw 2 people dress in their school uniforms. The 2 people are wearing school uniforms that were different from each other. The first person is the one who spoke. He was tall than the other person. He was also holding a bag that was used for holding those kendo swords. Then there was the 2nd person. Even if the 2nd person loses to the 1st person when it comes to height, the 2nd person was still taller than Yuuya.

The 2nd person was also very good-looking.

Upon falling on the floor and making a noise, their gaze looks at him. Seeing them looking at him, Yuuya felt nervous.

" ..Ummm, Hello? "

He wave his hand at them uncertainly, then he noticed that he was wearing a robe. A cult robe.

" ..My clothes? "

Not after looking and noticing that someone has changed his school uniform, there was another catering sound. The sound of another lid of a coffin opening.

There was a person who came out. Just like him, the person was dressed in cult robes. The expression on the person's face was unreadable and the person stared at the two people dressed in school uniform and at Yuuya.

Silence then enveloped except for struggling sounds coming from a gray flaming cat creature. Yuuya decided to stare at the cat to avoid the awkward silence.

The person holding the cat then fake coughed and introduce himself.

" Well, this is an odd situation... I remember that I was walking on my home at night after a kendo practice..and then I suddenly found myself here. My name is Enma Yuuken. What about you guys? "

The person said while averting his eyes. Yuuya thought that Enma-san has lied about something. Yuuya wasn't given time to ponder about it when the pretty person introduce their own.

"I'm Yuuka Hirasaka. I was also at my home and I attempted to save a cat. The next thing that I know, I am here. "

Yuuka Hirasaka was a very pretty ikemen was what Yuuya first thought. But upon hearing their voice and name, it just happen that Yuuka was a cool ikemen beautiful girl. Despite the short hair and dressing in the boy's school uniform, there was no mistaking it. Yuuya was certain that she was a girl.

Seeing their gazes at her, Yuuya shrugged and asked.

" What? Cosplay is popular in Japan. It wasn't strange. "

Smiling wryly, Yuuya commented.

" Hirasaka-san.. but I think that you regularly wear your school's boys' uniform? "

" I study in an all-girl high school. "

" Eh?! "

Yuuya and Yuuken look at Yuuka in surprise. Yuuya also shouted inside his mind.

' Then why are you wearing a boy's uniform?! Isn't that a violation in your school?! '

Calming himself down, It was finally Yuuya's turn to introduce himself.

" It's nice to meet you, I'm Kuroki Yuuya. Just like Enma-san I am on my way home from school and dress in my school uniform. Then I faintly remembered the sound of horses and carriages. I remembered running. After that, here I am and someone has changed me without my consent! "

Yuuya expresses his grievance. Both Yuuka and Yuuken have an amused expressions on their face.

" Why don't you check out if you have still your school uniform under the robes? "

The trio was startled when they heard the voice of the fourth person. Yuuya has forgotten about this person.  The person who was dressed in robes was like him. Following his suggestion, Kuroki Yuuya felt up underneath the robes. He sighed in relief. He was still wearing his school uniform. So that's why he was still feeling sweaty when there wasn't that strange heat earlier from the coffin.

After signing in relief, Yuuya directed the fourth person a grateful look.

" Thanks. Umm..? "

Upon Yuuya's inquiry, the person faintly smiled and introduce themselves.

" My name is Yuu and I think most of my memories are missing. "

Pardon?

------------

AN: Hahaha... I can't choose whose protagonist I am using so I took all of the available twisted wonderland protagonists so far and inserted them here.