Ch43: A strange change in behavior

AN: Going out of the house and socializing with other people is so tiring for me.

I'm so tired right now and I dislike it when my friends are too noisy. It gives me a headache.

Anyway while on my way home I encountered some shitty kids stealing mangoes from a fruit stall and I glared at them. The audacity and their shamelessness of them to steal in front of me. Then, they run.

And I chase after them but I'm just so fucking tired and my new shoes are hurting my feet.

I can only return to the fruit stall and decide to buy 1 kilo of mango and deduct that mango stolen from the mango that I bought as I told the vendor.

The vendor wasn't there when the mango was stolen. Then she was told what happened by the other people who witnessed it and she said to me that there was no need for me to deduct the mango that was stolen from the mangoes that I was buying.

She told me that those kids would get their just desserts soon. (a.k.a. karma)

Anyway, this is a very long rough day for me. It is very tiring but the mangoes are delicious.

Sorry for rambling.. Anyway, here's an update.

Arc 3: The Start of Troublesome Year

Chapter 13: A strange change in behavior.

The senior students of Night Raven College observed something unusual on the first day of classes today. It is currently lunchtime, and most students are waiting up to eat at the cafeteria.

Senior students, such as Cater, are currently conversing with members of his pop music club, Lilia Vanrouge and Kalim Al-Asim. Jamil was present in addition to Kalim. Even though he wasn't a member of the Pop Music Club, he accompanied Kalim. He needs to ensure Kalim's safety.

Unlike Cater and Lilia, who had lined up and taken lunch from the cafeteria, Kalim's food has been provided and cooked by Jamil.

Cater observed Lilia wasn't being his usual self while eating. There was something odd about him that made Cater apprehensive.

"Lils, what's wrong? There's a lot of dark clouds around you. I noticed that some of the first years are being drenched in rain as well."

Lilia waved his hand in response to the query.

"The professor visited our dormitory yesterday night."

"Ah."

Cater bowed his head in agreement with that response. Lilia also didn't have to explain whose professor it was because Cater had already guessed. Lilia came to this conclusion after watching Cater's reaction together with Kalim and Jamil, who were sitting near them.

"I presume that Professor Andersen visited your dorms as well yesterday night."

Kalim smiled softly, his face flushed with embarrassment.

"Yes, he has visited us, and we welcomed him into a lively and joyous party. He said that he was delighted."

Unconsciously, Kalim placed his hand on his head. Cater and Lilia glance at Jamil for an explanation after seeing the unexpected and unintentional behavior of Kalim.

"Professor Andersen praised Kalim's generosity and accommodation with sarcasm. Kalim didn't mind the insults."

"As expected of you, Kalim, Professor Andersen's venomous mouth is unsuccessful!"

Kalim nervously smiled as he heard Cater.

"Well, I like to think Professor Andersen's words are backhanded compliments. Anyway, Cater, you called us because you wanted to meet us later in our club room, right?"