Ch1: Ledusberg

AN: Another new fanfic again. This time, this isn't a self-insert fanfic but just a crossover of one character being transported to another world.

This fanfic is a result of me losing a bet against my little sister.

Arc1: The Long Winter

Chapter 1: Ledusberg

There is a town that is always frozen over in the northwest corner of Shaftlands. Ledusberg, which was completely submerged in snow and hail every year.

Ledusberg was a typical town eight years ago. The town's winter season may extend for five to six months, but the other half of the year is separated into summer, spring, and autumn. The people of Ledusberg were not disturbed when the snow continued for more than six months since they believed that there had only been a modest extension.

The residents of Ledusberg began to notice that something was amiss after 7 months. The snow kept coming down. Insufficient supplies for the winter caused people to become ill. When the residents of Ledusberg became aware of the issue, it was already too late.

People were dying.

The Ledusberg leader then made a plea for assistance from outside their hometown.

For help or guidance, people with an in-depth knowledge of the seasons and weather The mages and meteorologists who arrived could only shake their heads and scowl.

The peculiar wintertime phenomenon They had no idea what the solution to this issue was. The Ledusberg leader was powerless to act. Ledusberg's majority of citizens have decided to depart. They chose to leave their once-loved hometown to save their lives and ensure their existence.

The once-thriving winter wonderland was transformed into a snow- and hail-filled winter horror. Over time, visitors diminished and eventually stopped coming altogether.

The population of the once-thriving town of Ledusberg had fallen to less than 50 at this point.

In Ledusberg, residents are primarily confined to their homes. Except for one individual who started during the previous two years, they would only venture outside when their supplies were running low or if they visited the closest, oldest town, city, or hamlet.

A 14-year-old girl by the name of Katerina Eisenovak lived in Ledusberg. A stunning young woman with sky-blue eyes and blonde hair styled into braids on each side Every morning, she would ride her loyal friend Bae outside of her friend Ashray Whitney's home. a reindeer who pulls Katerina's sleigh whenever she helps the people of Ledusberg.

Katerina used her fingers to whistle as she left Ashray's house. Bae, the reindeer, emerged from Ashray's residence shortly after, pulling a sled alongside her.

A young man's voice could be faintly heard inside the residence.

"Kay, be careful, please."

Katerina replied, putting her hand in the winter gloves and shutting the door.

" Ashray, should you have greater faith in me now that I've been operating my delivery service for two years and have gained experience? "

The sound of coughs could be heard from behind the doors. When Katerina heard her friend coughing, she scowled.

Ashray has experienced sickness once more.

Katerina shouted, climbed into the sled, and then sat down before leading Bae.

" Don't fret, Ashray! I would travel to Sefa town and buy medication for you after consulting the others! Moreover, I could purchase soup-making supplies! I would season it to make it tasty. "

After telling her friend, Bae started sprinting through the streets of Ledusberg. Katerina tugs at Bae every few moments. Katerina knocked on each door a few times until the owner of the home opened it.

The residents of Ledusberg would be greeted by Katerina "Kay" Eisenovak's bright and cheery smile as soon as the door was opened.

"Good morning! This is the smile delivery service. What is your request for today?"

The Ledusberg locals found solace in Katerina's smile and upbeat demeanor. People in Ledusberg felt less depressed and hopeless after looking at her.

The people would respond to Katerina's query by speaking. Then, the jovial and conscientious girl would pull out a note and a pen and begin to jot down the residents' requests and directives.

Katerina would accept the Thaumark from the individuals after writing down their requests. The Thaumark would be spent on the item or object they requested, and Katerina would receive an excessive amount of Thaumark (10 Thaumark each time) in exchange for providing her delivery services.

A fairly low cost when you consider how frequently she was risking her life by weaving through the snow. There were about 40 people who made requests today.

The delivery request notes written by Katerina are replete with her writings. It was now time for her to leave and go get the supplies and items the locals required after she had finished knocking on every resident's door in Ledusberg town.

Katerina once again pulled the reins to get Bae to depart the town of Ledusberg. Katerina must enter and exit the Ledusberg forest that divides the town from other civilizations to reach the closest one outside of Ledusberg.

Katerina noticed the snow was heavier than usual today as she and Bae made their way towards the woodland.

' The Ice Queen seems to be upset today. '

While avoiding her gaze being drawn to the snow falling from the sky, Katerina thought There was a time when it was believed that the town of Ledusberg was the last remaining part of a former kingdom called Permafrost. An iconic historical character known as the Ice Queen ruled the realm.

The Ice Queen, who was an extremely potent ice magician who had wiped off numerous magical creatures known as trolls, was the subject of the tales told by Ashray's grandmother.

While Katerina was lost in thought, Bae abruptly came to a stop. She looked at her friend before asking the reindeer.

" Do you have any injuries, Bae? "

Bae indicated that her front had something on it. Katerina got off the sled and started to make her way to the front, worried and perplexed. When she realized what was worrying Bae, she gasped.

A boy with blue hair who was wearing out-of-season clothing was lying in the snow. He wore clothing that was stained red. The boy had a pale, blue face.

The boy with the blue hair opened his eyes briefly and murmured as Katerina walked up to him.

"A dream?  Magus of Flowers..."

The blue-haired child muttered before closing his eyes and drifting unconscious.